Anyone from Paris? Firmiliar with the city?

SPINMASTER X

I AM NOT FRENCHMAN,, I AM A HUMAN BEING!,
20 Year Member
lol. Too bad about your poor experience in Paris. It's not for everyone. Maybe you should go with more fun people.

If you are there for more than a few days, I highly recommend hopping on the fast train and going to Marseilles or Nice for a day.

I've been to Paris a bunch of times. It was fun the first time or 2 but after that it was just a waste of time. I used to live only 3 hours away from it. If I had the money I'd definitely go to Marseilles.

HeartlessNinny

Heartlessness is a virtue
Heh, it's nice to see that I'm not the only restaurant snob around here. :)

Have fun on your trip, NGT. ;)

aria

Former Moderator
I spent time in Marseilles a few years ago and it was nice but not something I'd recommend too much as a side trip --there are plenty of other excellent options. If you do go, be sure to get some bouillabaisse.

NGT

J. M Club, ,
20 Year Member
Well, I got back last night. Great trip...and the food was amazing! I didn't go to any super fancy places, but I ate some great veal, rabbit, salmon, and snail dishes and some smaller places near the hotel in the Latin area. Although the fancy food there was great, my favorite thing to eat by far was from this sandwich shop near "Quartier Mouffetard".

IMG_0124.jpg

IMG_0185.jpg

I bought Gouda at a market for mine :D

IMG_0187.jpg

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Dragutin Dimitrijević;3022993 said:
I've been to Paris a bunch of times. It was fun the first time or 2 but after that it was just a waste of time. I used to live only 3 hours away from it. If I had the money I'd definitely go to Marseilles.

LMAO. Marseilles?! Wow.

Ok, if you had the money you should be going to St. Tropez or Marbella (Spain). End of story.

Seriously, Marseilles is like saying you would go to Cincinnati.

HeartlessNinny

Heartlessness is a virtue
Well, I got back last night. Great trip...and the food was amazing! I didn't go to any super fancy places, but I ate some great veal, rabbit, salmon, and snail dishes and some smaller places near the hotel in the Latin area. Although the fancy food there was great, my favorite thing to eat by far was from this sandwich shop near "Quartier Mouffetard".

Glad to hear you had a good time, man. I hope more pictures are incoming.

And sometimes it's funny how a sandwich can be more memorable than a fancy dinner. It's more about the company and the atmosphere than the actual meal lot of the time. :D