anyone got any exp making xp boot skins

discgolfer72

Crossed Swords Squire
been working on my pc setup got it pimped out with object dock and a few other skining apps but now im wanting to change my boot screen and for the life of me i cant find a good neo geo (or any arcade game other than pacman )boot screen

if anyone has any exp can someone wip me up a good neo boot screen

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
You know what would be a cool boot screen a SNK themed MGM boot screen. Instead of a Lion roaring we can have the pitbull in a SNK dogtag growling or roaring.

Ya it's a sweet idea, I know.

Koopa64

Sieger's Squire
Making a bootskin really isn't that hard, all you need is to come up with an image that is formatted for 16 colors (4-bit color) and is 640x480. You can also do up a progress bar but I forgot how to do that, just google this stuff up it's pretty easy.

I don't think you could get the dog to roar with your MGM idea Xian, the XP bootloader can't really handle that sort of stuff. The only workaround I could think of was using the progress bar as say the dog with a roaring animation, or for any other application simply an animated object or background. Even then I'm not sure how much you could do with that approach.

I think a Neo-Geo bootscreen would be entirely possible, just it wouldn't have all that fancy animation, it'd have to be a static background and a progress bar added in somewhere.

Koopa64

Sieger's Squire
Oh yeah, google "Bootskin", makes life so much easier... And safer.