Anyone have any cool antiques or works of art?

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
Not really, closest thing I have would be some Samurai Pizza Cats cells and hand-painted backgrounds.

Oh, and an animation cell of a naked Dr. Robotnik showering from the DIC Sonic cartoon
Ithat's pretty awesome and qualifies in my book, cels sketches, all that stuff

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
Not really, closest thing I have would be some Samurai Pizza Cats cells and hand-painted backgrounds.

Oh, and an animation cell of a naked Dr. Robotnik showering from the DIC Sonic cartoon
Ngl, need to see fat ol' dr. Buttnik nude. Please provide.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
I have this miniature portrait on ivory from early 19th century or slightly before.
20210902_125308.jpg

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
Going back to Sharaku for a moment I have a strong suspicion that the original sf2 in game portraits where influenced by the artist's own work. Maybe I'm wrong who knows
]Sharaku 01.jpg

81593-street-fighter-ii-the-world-warrior-dos-screenshot-e-honda.png

FAT$TACKS

Not Average Joe., Not Average Homeowner., Not Aver
15 Year Member
Most of what I own is of little to no value to anyone other than myself.

I would suppose some of my vintage electronics would be worth something, but even the best of those wouldn't be high dollar.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
I'm not sure why so many are mentioning monetary value. It has little to do with quality itself or worth. Worth with regards to these things is completely circumstancial, subjective, cultural

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
I don't love real art enough to pay for it. There is a lady watercolor/multimedia artists named Kana Handel who I've bought a number of prints from but even though I could realistically own an original or a commission I don't commit the $$$, for whatever reason.

The single nicest thing I own is certainly my Gibson Acoustic J-185. Everything else looks like ham fisted poop sculpture by comparison. That thing is an absolute masterpiece of craftsmanship. I feel lucky to have even touched it. Even with guitars being less popular every year, that thing will only climb in value forever. My kid may be able to retire on it in 60 years. They aren't making any more 250 year old trees...if you know what I mean. Hardwood is legit disappearing.

I have a number of sketches and such from my personal favorite comic and manga artists like Shoji Kawamori, Hiroyuki Kitazume, Kenichi Sonoda, others, nothing super time intensive on their part. I have a number of animation cels but OG collectors know that cels are really just some lackey's tracing of a drawing and I don't have any cels that originated from any particularly relevant key animators so its really more of a pile of production ephemeral than great or original art. I have one Ghibli cel, that's the one I actually display. (Only Yesterday).

Garage kits are fine art, but all mine are pirate...

I guess I just like trash, mostly. Neo Geo for life!

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
That robotnik rules.

Let me know if you ever want to get rid of it.

Last edited: