anyone have secondary gaming rigs????

iluvmonsterz

Edo Express Delivery Guy
with a fiance who plays as many games(and honestly spends more time on them) i have to resort to building multiple gaming stations at my house...this is the rig i just put together in my studio...it came out fairly decent.
monitors;23 inch acer v223w vga connected to a jpn DC. 27 inch dell monitor/tv connected to a zt systems bluray/amd phenom/8gb/1tb hd, a black xbox 360 elite, chipped ps2,jpn saturn. sound is onkyo mini reciever and infinity referrence series speakers.

2m69ym9.jpg

my rolling cart for by the couch in my living room...its completely mobile can run wired or wi-fi!!!
monitor lg flatron led connected to a jpn xbox 360 and a hp 19 inch media center laptop..logitec speakers.

f5d3wy.jpg

its almost more fun putting together and organizing these things than it is to play on em!!! i have developed an unatural zip tie fetish....

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
A lot of us haved tated setups, so I guess they're "secondary."

With the Acer montior and DC setup, does it stretch a 4x3 image? Even if it knew to do 16:9 (which I'm assuming it doesn't since it's a monitor, not a tv) isn't that a 16:10 monitor?

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
i've got babies man. 2 of em. they col' wreck shit. so, the only gaming device within their reach, is a Wii in the living room. the rest of our gaming stuffs is in the office/turntablelab/gaming room. i should get off my ass, and snap a pic. perhaps in the TATE thread. before the chilluns were delivered via stork, i also used to rock the A/V cart 8^)

iluvmonsterz

Edo Express Delivery Guy
A lot of us haved tated setups, so I guess they're "secondary."

With the Acer montior and DC setup, does it stretch a 4x3 image? Even if it knew to do 16:9 (which I'm assuming it doesn't since it's a monitor, not a tv) isn't that a 16:10 monitor?

yep and i dont really care to much...i had a 21 inch sony trini crt tated and it was huge and a pain in the ass.....its not horrible on most dc games some like,shikigami no shiro 2....its more noticable. i dont have the space nor the inclination to fuck with a 100lb monitor. i honestly dont give a rats ass about scanlines either as they neither add to an image or make the game play any more accurately. i havent messed with under defeat yet, i imagine it will be the most noticeable of the dc stuff.

iluvmonsterz

Edo Express Delivery Guy
i've got babies man. 2 of em. they col' wreck shit. so, the only gaming device within their reach, is a Wii in the living room. the rest of our gaming stuffs is in the office/turntablelab/gaming room. i should get off my ass, and snap a pic. perhaps in the TATE thread. before the chilluns were delivered via stork, i also used to rock the A/V cart 8^)

mine is now 12 but she never really screwed with our stuff to much..no grilled cheese in the dvd tray or any shit like that...our living room is basicaly a gaming room but sometimes its nice to be able to "be alone" in a room and just play games.

agustusx

Marked Wolf
yeah i've got a few setups, one for pc games, a few tated monitors for shumps (that can be untated for hori's or fighters) and the standard big screen in the living room.

I have a hard time playing shmups on the big screen so it's worth the real estate to me.

iluvmonsterz

Edo Express Delivery Guy
pics please!!!! i see mine everyday, i want to see other peoples gaming rigs!!!

agustusx

Marked Wolf
there is a great thread we had going a while back, makes me want to update my rig.

heres mine, which display has which console and stick setup actually varies depending on what i'm playing. right now the 360 is on the big screen and the ps2 on the sony crt.

6sruxj.jpg

Last edited:

Strider77

Zero's Secretary
behind the sliding mirrored doors to my closet reveals..... my PCB/tate set up via a Sony PVM that I LOVE.

DSC00411.jpg

and the main attraction

DSC00407.jpg

DSC00412.jpg

Last edited:

agustusx

Marked Wolf
Tertiary.

I got a boss mad at me years ago for telling him some of his projects were tertiary. He repeated the word a few times in anger, I think he was more upset at the word I used than at the idea that some tasks were less important.:rolleyes:

I think my pc gaming rig is my tertiary rig.

fake

15 Year Member
yep and i dont really care to much...i had a 21 inch sony trini crt tated and it was huge and a pain in the ass.....its not horrible on most dc games some like,shikigami no shiro 2....its more noticable. i dont have the space nor the inclination to fuck with a 100lb monitor. i honestly dont give a rats ass about scanlines either as they neither add to an image or make the game play any more accurately. i havent messed with under defeat yet, i imagine it will be the most noticeable of the dc stuff.

Oh OK. I was hoping you had found some magic way of fixing the issue. I'd love to get a rotatable 4:3 monitor for my DC.

Edit: Nice V-O figures, Strider. I've always wanted a Temjin.

iluvmonsterz

Edo Express Delivery Guy
Oh OK. I was hoping you had found some magic way of fixing the issue. I'd love to get a rotatable 4:3 monitor for my DC.

Edit: Nice V-O figures, Strider. I've always wanted a Temjin.

i suppose it would be nice, but droppin 2 to 3 hundred on a xrgb just doesnt appeal to me...i m thinkin of picking up a little sony crt monitor and modifying it so it ll flip tate and stay that way by itself. i m thinkin about one of these little fellas...
http://www.warehousepoint.com/merch...ode=122099&Category_Code=LCD&Store_Code=wpusa

fake

15 Year Member
i suppose it would be nice, but droppin 2 to 3 hundred on a xrgb just doesnt appeal to me...i m thinkin of picking up a little sony crt monitor and modifying it so it ll flip tate and stay that way by itself. i m thinkin about one of these little fellas...
http://www.warehousepoint.com/merch...ode=122099&Category_Code=LCD&Store_Code=wpusa

I wasn't thinking of the XRGB - just VGA. Those are only like $30 unless you go for the Sega branded ones. At work, we have 4:3 dells that are rotatable, but I think the latency is something like 10 microseconds. I was using a similar one on my PC years ago and it was terrible for gaming.

iluvmonsterz

Edo Express Delivery Guy
I wasn't thinking of the XRGB - just VGA. Those are only like $30 unless you go for the Sega branded ones. At work, we have 4:3 dells that are rotatable, but I think the latency is something like 10 microseconds. I was using a similar one on my PC years ago and it was terrible for gaming.

yeah thats my fear in buying the little hundred dollar lcd from the link(i dont know what the response time is on it)....i may not even notice though since i am not all that good at shmupin in the first place.:( the dc i use is ran via a vga box, is that what you mean?

StealthLurker

Naomi Yamazaki's Wingman
I guess you can say I have 7 permanent "gaming" setups, 8 if you count my garage arcade.

3 hdtv based hori setups (full on home theaters)
1 hdtv based dedicated tate setup
1 RGB CRT setup (Sony PVM)
1 standard CRT (Sony Wega for 8bit)
1 primary dedicated PC setup, standard sit down desk style (tateable)

Each HDTV setup has several consoles and dedicated PCs capable of running modern PC games and emulators (Wii emulator, MAME, etc). Those PC usb xbox360 controller wireless receivers make playing action style PC games very console-like on an HDTV, but with the option to raise the graphic quality beyond console settings/capabilities. For that reason I tend to gravitate more towards the PC versions of multi-platform releases.

The RGB CRT setup has 16bit consoles: SFC, Wondermega (motorized drive lid version), RGB modded Duo along w/ ps2 & saturn. Although I have ps2 on almost all my setups.

Across the board got 3 PS3s (US 60gb, JPN 60gb, US slim 250gb) and 2 360s (JPN elite, US arcade)... prolly get another US 360 once Kinect drops. Only have 1 real Wii right now. But I mostly just use the Wii emulator for its hi-def capability. Hard to go back to looking at the horrible picture from a real Wii. :D

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
I love these threads. Gonna take some pics of my stuff when I get a chance.

iluvmonsterz

Edo Express Delivery Guy
first let me start buy saying i ve seen your rigs and the pics of your collection and my envy of your stuff almost gave me an anxiety attack.i feel like a hillybilly at a tractor pull that just saw the john deer of legend. you sir need to post pics of those set-ups you have listed though...why so many ps3's? i have one and it gets used mostly for a media center...are there any worth while jpn ps3 games???

I guess you can say I have 7 permanent "gaming" setups, 8 if you count my garage arcade.

3 hdtv based hori setups (full on home theaters)
1 hdtv based dedicated tate setup
1 RGB CRT setup (Sony PVM)
1 standard CRT (Sony Wega for 8bit)
1 primary dedicated PC setup, standard sit down desk style (tateable)

Each HDTV setup has several consoles and dedicated PCs capable of running modern PC games and emulators (Wii emulator, MAME, etc). Those PC usb xbox360 controller wireless receivers make playing action style PC games very console-like on an HDTV, but with the option to raise the graphic quality beyond console settings/capabilities. For that reason I tend to gravitate more towards the PC versions of multi-platform releases.

The RGB CRT setup has 16bit consoles: SFC, Wondermega (motorized drive lid version), RGB modded Duo along w/ ps2 & saturn. Although I have ps2 on almost all my setups.

Across the board got 3 PS3s (US 60gb, JPN 60gb, US slim 250gb) and 2 360s (JPN elite, US arcade)... prolly get another US 360 once Kinect drops. Only have 1 real Wii right now. But I mostly just use the Wii emulator for its hi-def capability. Hard to go back to looking at the horrible picture from a real Wii. :D

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
i just have 2 setups, both nice and clean (they have to be, I'm married).

I have a crt w/ my nes, snes, n64, gamecube, wii and neo geo connected to it.

And the second is a tateable monitor w/ my 360 and ps2 connected.

StealthLurker

Naomi Yamazaki's Wingman
first let me start buy saying i ve seen your rigs and the pics of your collection and my envy of your stuff almost gave me an anxiety attack.i feel like a hillybilly at a tractor pull that just saw the john deer of legend. you sir need to post pics of those set-ups you have listed though...why so many ps3's? i have one and it gets used mostly for a media center...are there any worth while jpn ps3 games???

Thanks. I'll see if I have any pics laying around or shoot some quick cell shots later.

It's not that I'm a big Sony fan, they're just nice bang for the buck blu-ray players that have up-to-date and easy to update firmwares for all the latest movies. Not to mention the ability to play games. It's pretty cool though for when the guys come over for some 5 on 5 NBA 2k10 on separate tvs.

I used to use them for "media center" functionality too, but it's pretty primitive when compared to just throwing in a full blown pc into the mix. I also originally intended to use them for up-scaling ps2 games, but found the results and configurability not to my liking. In the end, I just went back to using real ps2s and having the up-scaling/de-interlacing performed by dedicated video processors. Down the road the best picture quality option (imho) would be the pcsx2 ps2 emulator. Although compatibility and performance isn't quite there yet... Gradius V in native internal set 1080p looks and plays pretty amazing!

Last edited: