Anyone here collect toys/Action Figures?

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
Sorry if it has already been asked but is that the slash turtle from ninja turtles displaying as Wolverine,Really?!

What is it if not that then?

My guess would be that it's either a custom piece or a better than average Chinese bootleg/knockoff. I got the image off of one of the FB toy groups I belong too, but, the original poster didn't share any details. Notice the decapitated Noob Saibot in the artwork? It's probably supposed to be a Foot ninja or Shredder, but, I only see Noob.

Last edited:

@M

20 Year Member
Got some good scores at the thrift store after I finished working yesterday. Some stupid fuck drilled into the next door church's parking lot and hit the gas line, creating a massive leak, while I was in the back room pricing electronics and appliances. The nearby high school had to be evacuated, but, not the thrift store, and the fire department contained the situation.

1986 Hasbro Inhumanoids Granok. Rubber rope/slots articulation is kind of lame, but I wanted this one when I was a kid but never got him. Dream fulfilled.

IMG_20201106_150053.jpg

K-12 Mascots plush blue lion. You build Voltron your way, I'll build him mine.

IMG_20201106_150549.jpg

IMG_20201106_150630.jpg

1988 Kenner Real Ghostbusters Haunted Humans Tombstone Tackle (who would have become J. Maximum for me, back in the day) and X-Cop (decent T-1000 stand-in I guess).

IMG_20201106_145845.jpg

IMG_20201106_145747.jpg

IMG_20201106_150014.jpg

IMG_20201106_145933.jpg

2015 Just Play MCU Captain America plush.

IMG_20201106_150132.jpg

IMG_20201106_150218.jpg

They had an original MotU Man-E-Faces I would have bought too, but, his left arm had been broken off and super-glued back on. They also had vintage Hordak, whom I already have, and Extendar, whom I don't have anymore and should have bought as I imagine he's worth some money, but X-Cop already scratched my extendable limbs action feature gimmick for the day. If Extendar is still there next time, maybe I'll snag him. Also saw an original Kenner Jabba the Hutt in my co-worker's cart of toys to put out, which she'd only put $2 on, but, I can only purchase things that are actually out on the store floor and I'm sure that will get snapped up right away.

Last edited:

ChuChu Flamingo

We have purposely, trained him wrong, ...as a joke
10 Year Member
Got this lord of the rings character.

9USBFtH.jpg

POxVLlT.jpg

@M

20 Year Member
Anyone collect keshi?

My younger brother and I were into M.U.S.C.L.E. when we were kids. I have a few odds and ends lying around, like Monster in my Pocket, but, I don't collect them seriously, so, to speak. I belong to a Facebook M.U.S.C.L.E. group that's very active and there's some real hardcore collectors in there. Haven't visited in a while, but the Little Rubber Guys forum is good too.

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
My younger brother and I were into M.U.S.C.L.E. when we were kids. I have a few odds and ends lying around, like Monster in my Pocket, but, I don't collect them seriously, so, to speak. I belong to a Facebook M.U.S.C.L.E. group that's very active and there's some real hardcore collectors in there. Haven't visited in a while, but the Little Rubber Guys forum is good too.

I was having trouble finding something for my friend's b-day - he's a Zelda collector so I thought getting some Zelda keshi would be awesome. The enemy figures are each enough ($10-$15) but the Link figure is like $40. So I didn't take that route. But I was also browsing through some Super Mario and Final Fantasy ones and they're pretty affordable. I might start collecting them here and there.

@M

20 Year Member
Definitely a lot of cool, and weird, stuff out there these days. They also have the advantage of being small, so they don't take up much space.

On this subject, why aren't you fooks with 3D printers making NG.com member mini figures? We could be having 50 page threads arguing about how the translucent ice variant of Evil Wasabi is better than the rare glow in the dark chibi LoneSage, not to mention the epic meltdown of the guy who bought a dozen Karous and one had a slight molding defect, so, he's threatening to buy a plane ticket to get vengeance. Membership would explode!

@M

20 Year Member
Don't get any on Moss Man or Grizzlor, heartbreak will ensue.

ChuChu Flamingo

10 Year Member
Got another Goku. Piccolo, Jiece, Freeza, Raditz are already pre-ordered.

Hopefully Burter/Guldo, Anime Nappa, Cell Saga base Vegeta, Cell Saga Tien and a few others go up for pre-order next year.

1mFmOYIl.jpg

Also fugboi Shawn Michaels and Razor Ramon chilling with a foot soldier.

zksc4Qrl.jpg

Still waiting on Neca Kevin Nash Super Shredder, tokar & razor, and bebop & rocksteady.

Last edited:

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Also fugboi Shawn Michaels and Razor Ramon chilling with a foot soldier.

zksc4Qrl.jpg

Still waiting on Neca Kevin Nash Super Shredder, tokar & razor, and bebop & rocksteady.

Ok, so if you're going to have Shawn Michaels and Razor Vs. the Foot Clan, whose side would Kevin Nash Shredder be on?

The KLIQ Vs. Foot Clan : The secret of the oozed machismo

ChuChu Flamingo

10 Year Member
That is a good question. Not sure who will be with him.

But I did get Ginyu.

LEYT5p1.jpg

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
Recently, I've finally started to get around to setting up the theatre room downstairs along with all the cabinets for the statues and figures. Right now there's a bedroom downstairs that's just toys/statues top to bottom, so it's a slow process to start setting them up. Here's one I just had to get of Sol Badguy:

MLk0r4j.jpg

Last week, FFVII Remake Cloud and Barret showed up and man, am I impressed with these Play Arts Kai figures. I'm trying to find a small bead I can use to get Cloud holding a materia.

CgBVxVH.jpg

...and it's been so nice to finally get my favorite hero out of the box and in a cabinet. If I could be a hero, without a doubt it would be the Rocketeer. Medicom did a great job here, and he scales perfectly with the Hot Toys.

cvvAKmk.jpg

@M

20 Year Member
130007568_4142695669091377_7083943161741276092_n.jpg

Karou will appreciate these abominations even if the rest of you don't! Customs by Mickael Coquelle.

@M

20 Year Member
IMG_20201211_143557.jpg

Hello Neighbor plush. Yesterday, my boss at the thrift store told my coworker that does toys to just give this to me for free because she didn't want something bloody/violent like this in with the other plush toys on the floor, which might upset parents or children. So . . . I guess my boss thinks I identify with guys wielding cleavers and covered in blood? She's aware I collect/buy toys and like strange stuff--I almost certainly would have purchased it anyway, and she knows it! See the awesome(?) job perks you get at a thrift store?

IMG_20201211_143510.jpg

IMG_20201211_143409.jpg

Pirate-themed slot-and-tab cards building set and figure. I don't know if I'll ever build anything with this (I still haven't even opened the last LEGO set I bought, back in May), but, making 3-dimensional objects out of 2-dimensional planes has always fascinated me, which is one of the reasons I enjoy paper sculpture/modeling. Some of those recent Fortnite sets have a similar building tile system, which also appealed to me, although I never got any, so, this scratches that itch too.

IMG_20201119_061745.jpg

Not a toy itself, but, vintage ThunderCats children's books aren't something that I run across very often. I also made a Captain Cracker mini action figure from scratch one time, so, as he's the villain in this, that also appealed to me.

Last edited:

ChuChu Flamingo

10 Year Member
I've got a bone to pick with you.

cAzO4Ws.jpg

Last edited: