Anyone in Illinois who fixes Arcade Cabinets?

lidiaandmichael

Crazed MVS Addict
Hello everyone I just bought a Street Fighter 2 arcade cabinet, small problem both joysticks and the top 3 buttons on each controller dont work. I have no expertise with cabinets. I would gladly pay someone to repair it for me. I live in West Chicago.. Thanks

discgolfer72

Crossed Swords Squire
its probaly a simple fix open up the cp and make shure all the ground wires are connected

each micro switch (4 per joystick and 1 per button)should have a ground wire and a signal wire attached either a wire has been cut or the .187 connectors(blade connectors) have came off the switches

if i still lived in chi town id just help you for free but its been 3 years since ive lived there

lidiaandmichael

Crazed MVS Addict
Would it help if I had a 4 slot Neo cabinet also? I looked and there was 1 wire loose I connected it and it didnt help. Any one in Illinois come on there has to be a few guys here. I will pay for your services!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lidiaandmichael

Crazed MVS Addict
I just wanted t say a big thank you to Spike AKA Steve for his help with repairing my SFII cabinet. A real stand up guy and he knows his stuff!!!! Thanks a million:buttrock:

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
I just wanted t say a big thank you to Spike AKA Steve for his help with repairing my SFII cabinet. A real stand up guy and he knows his stuff!!!! Thanks a million:buttrock:

Hope it's doing well for ya. Play it a lot, and get ready to come over to my place next time.

lidiaandmichael

Crazed MVS Addict
Definitly but I hope I dont have to play you in SFII because god knows I would have no chance!!! See you soon....Thanks

DoZaster

n00b
Very cool. Glad it was fixed from someone on the boards. Good to know since I'm from Skokie, IL :x

lidiaandmichael

Crazed MVS Addict
Hey gentleman, I just got a Alien vs predator board. It is different from my Street Fighter II board will this work with my cabinet? It says CP system 2 and it looks like the connecters are on the bottom of the board? Please advise, Thanks

aluisi

Geese's Thug
Hey gentleman, I just got a Alien vs predator board. It is different from my Street Fighter II board will this work with my cabinet? It says CP system 2 and it looks like the connecters are on the bottom of the board? Please advise, Thanks

Its standard jamma it should work fine with your cab. What was wrong with your cab by the way?

lidiaandmichael

Crazed MVS Addict
My Street Fighter II jamma plugs into the top of the board and the Alien vs Predator does not have that option. It has 4 seperate connectors at the bottom of the board.

not sonic

King of Typists,
15 Year Member
you need a cps2 motherboard. typically referred to as an A board. (the games are B boards.)

cps2.jpg