Anyone know how to download PS2 save data from Gamefaqs onto PS3

zapatistab

Athena's Wardrobe Manager
I dusted off a few PS2 games the other day and wanted to play some DOA2...all of my PS2 memory cards contain all my old save data excluding DOA2...I was hoping I could just save the game data from my PC onto a flash drive then copy it onto my PS3...but of course that didn't work. Anyone know how to do it? I had about 80% of the game complete and I don't want to start all over again. :-( Any advice or suggestions for a noob

fenikso

Slug Flyer Pilot
15 Year Member
They make a ps2 to ps3 memory card adapter. Try looking up one of those.

ookitarepanda

rare's hero,
It needs to be saved in a specific folder. Your best bet is to get a PS2 save file copied to the flash drive, then put the flash drive in the computer. Then your drive will have the folder where the saved games are read on a PS3. It's something like PS3->DATA or something.

zapatistab

Athena's Wardrobe Manager
@ Fenisko - I have the PS2 to PS3 memory card adapter...I no longer have the memory card with my old DOA2 save data

@ ookitarepanda - I tried that method and it didn't work...I download Pro Evolution Soccer option files all the time and it didn't work either. You create a PS3 Folder then a Save Data sub folder on your flash drive.

jeff bogard

Yamazaki's Wingman,
20 Year Member
i thought you could do it with gameshark or something like that.

DanAdamKOF

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Perhaps PS2 Save Builder could be of some use? I've never used it for Ps3 stuff though.