Anyone know where to get an AV cable for Genesis Model 1?

K_Dash

Zero's Tailor
Just like the subject says, anyone know where I can find the AV cable or willing to give/sell one? I already know about sega-parts.com but they don't seem to have it.

I'm tired of playing games using the RF unit.

[ November 19, 2002: Message edited by: K_Dash ]</p>

S

s7cbassplayer

Yea, I think they exist. I'd reccomend getting a Genesis model 3. I picked one up for about $30. It's quite a bit smaller than the model 1. Just an idea.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
you can get a 32x.

it should also enhance your video out put slightly. not only because its a/v but its cleaner.

and there are a lot of great games on it too, atleast imo

EVIL NICK

ALL CAPS,
20 Year Member
Originally posted by K_Dash:
<strong>Just like the subject says, anyone know where I can find the AV cable or willing to give/sell one? I already know about sega-parts.com but they don't seem to have it.

I'm tired of playing games using the RF unit.</strong><hr></blockquote>

You can use any AV cable with a 5-pin DIN connector ( yes, even the one off the Commodore 64 :eek: ).

Yes, that's the one I'm using...

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Originally posted by EVIL NICK:
<strong>

You can use any AV cable with a 5-pin DIN connector ( yes, even the one off the Commodore 64 :eek: ).

Yes, that's the one I'm using...</strong><hr></blockquote>

i dunno dude.

i used my genesis A/V on my commodore 64 and all i got was a black and white picture with no sound (and the video was coming through the audio cable)

i think the pinouts are different.

but the neogeo av works with a genesis and vice-versa if im not mistaken

EVIL NICK

ALL CAPS,
20 Year Member
Originally posted by sonic1687:
<strong>

i dunno dude.

i used my genesis A/V on my commodore 64 and all i got was a black and white picture with no sound (and the video was coming through the audio cable)

i think the pinouts are different.

but the neogeo av works with a genesis and vice-versa if im not mistaken</strong><hr></blockquote>

Yes, the pinouts are different ( I can't recall which you had to use ), I think the black one is for the Video and the yellow for audio. ( The C64 AV cable has red,white,yellow and black ). I'll try to drag out my Gen. setup to check later on tonight.

Tom61

n00b
The cable is the same as an AES's video cable. If you have an AES, just grab the cable from it. <a href="http://www.mcmelectronics.com" target="_blank">www.mcmelectronics.com</a> used to carry a/v for the Genesis, not sure if they still have it.

I found my old Commodore video cable, so I'm gonna try that here in a minute.

Edit tryed it, it physically fit, but I think the G1 I tryed it with is dead(No video or audio from the C64 cable, and no sound out of the headphone port). :(

[ November 19, 2002: Message edited by: Tom61 ]</p>