Anyone tried Durian fruit?

Master Terry Bogard

Belnar Institute Student
They say that it's the king of fruit. Ha...

It smells like %*&! I knew what it was coming in, & tried it the other day. I thought that I can handle it. But today... damn, this is crazy. I can smell the thing tens of feets away--doors closed, & air conditioner off. They should use this on Fear Factor.

Coincedently, the fruit is very good for your respiratory system--clears your lung. Wonder why :smirk: Maybe I can't stand it because I tried the fruit the other day, and it cleared my nose.

To those who are the adventuring type, give it a try. :loco:

Last edited:

bendor

Fio's Quartermaster
a friend of mine bought one in Chinatown. it looked pretty interesting. when we opened it up it had a really strong smell. i didn't really mind it but it didn't taste all that great. It might have made a nice mixed drink flavor. throw it in a blender with some coconut rum or something. but what doesn't taste good with some rum?

At least you gave it a try.

SamuraiShogun

Morden's Lack,
I tried one of these about as year ago,and DAMN,that thing stunk.And it didn't really taste all that great.I think it might be called the king of fruit based on its sheer size.They look a hedgehog!
But my Asain friend told me to try it and I just couldn't get into it.
Since we're on this topic,has anyone ever ate a mongosteen?
I read an article in the paper a couple days ago and I thought it looked interesting,but I've never seen one.

Mystic_flame

Zero's Tailor
Tried it? I lived it! My mom used to buy those nasty fuckers a boxload at a time. My immediate family banded together and kicked her out of the house. If you know someone and hate them the best thing to do is break into the house and plant those little homo's into the vent or heater. Make sure its in a spot that no one ever looks. That will fix the fuck out of anyone. I actually forgot about Durian until you mentioned it.

WARNING TO ALL!!! STAY AWAY or atleast have a gas mask. CBR (Chemical, Biological, Radialogical) Alert in progress.

Eliza

Mickey's Coach
Its kinda common here in the Philippines so yes I gave that one a try already:)

lemonflav

Windjammers Wonder
20 Year Member
that fruit smell like the fucking garbage dump.

when i used to live at my friends house who is Chinese, his mom would eat it and made the whole kitchen smell like ass reheated.

then when go to China town for dim sum and the fuckers get a shake make with that shit. makes the car smell like a hobo.

BIG

sony fanboy
Horrid smelling stuff...

Never actually tried it,but I've heard that it's definitely better tasting than its smell.

Kinda like eating Kimchi,I guess... I wouldn't know,'cuz I wouldn't dare eat that shit.

Pink Spider

Beast Buster
They smell like a mix of wet dog and car exhaust.
I see them for sale often in a mesh type bag with a handle, makes me want to use it as a weapon.
My wife is from the Philippines, she used to eat it when she was younger but now she dont like it anymore... Good thing too, I dont want that stench in my house.

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
Never heard of it but reads to be pretty interesting.
It can't be worse than skunk that get run over on highways, can it??
-BB

Mystic_flame

Zero's Tailor
Ron McRae said:
They smell like a mix of wet dog and car exhaust.
I see them for sale often in a mesh type bag with a handle, makes me want to use it as a weapon.
My wife is from the Philippines, she used to eat it when she was younger but now she dont like it anymore... Good thing too, I dont want that stench in my house.

You are so serious. Those things look like little Maces. You want to crack someones skull open you use one of those badboys.

When I was younger I watched a Jackie Chan movie where there were a few hundred pounds of those in a fishnet. Jackie and some guy were swinging it towards each other. God...Imagine a mishap on the set...Someone must have gotten really seriously messed up. :lol:

Pink Spider

Beast Buster
Anyone up for a game of Durian Dodgeball? :tickled:

G7_durian_japanese_prices.jpg

Durian.jpg

ROLL3_001_1.jpg

Verythrax

OWES ROT MONEY!
Ah! It's a "jaca" (jah-kah) here. :mr_t:

Never tried, though.

Yes, that the normal colors. The last pictures shows then in a matured (no-green) state.

Last edited:

NeoSpastika

New Challenger
I don't eat it but my mom LOVES it!!!!!!!!!! She use to eat that when we were in the Philippines. Although I am pretty sure I have eaten Durian flavored ice cream in the past.

Lastblade

Friend me on Facebook!,
20 Year Member
I have tried it.

I hate it.

It taste like shit (not saying I have tried to taste shit, but if I was to imagine what shit taste like, it would be Durian fruit).

But those who love it, swears by it. I can't stand the stench, or the taste, or the look and feel of it. Of course, if I am in a dark alley with 10 big guys after me, I would want a couple of Durian to protect myself.

Halox

Belnar Institute Student
After the horrible descriptions of this thing I can't imagine how some people eat it, much less like it.

rugal2000

, Troll Me, , Cuz I is 3lit3, ,
In south- East Asia Durian is indeed the "king of fruits"
everyone here eats it.

It tastes like a mix of cream- mango- and malt.

The fruit is pretty odourless fresh and up to 7 days after picking.

I explored the idea of settin up some kind of business exporting the stuff to London since there are so many asians there, but everyone i spoke to stated, it was practically impossible to export intact in taste and condition ouside south asia, as the fruit goes off super quick, doesnt travel well (the husks break) and it starts to smell.They said of a container airshipped of the product to Europe/USA over 50% of the product would deteriote so most people didnt bother.

But they told me chinese communities outside Asia insist on making do with any condition durian ,as they are addicted to it, so a less than fresh, less than prime product is what U see in America

Just judging by the colour of those durians in the pic they look off, and people here certainly wouldnt make do with em, compared to a fresh one.

Last edited:

Halox

Belnar Institute Student
rugal2000 said:
In south- East Asia Durian is indeed the "king of fruits"
everyone here eats it.

It tastes like a mix of cream- mango- and malt.

The fruit is pretty odourless fresh and up to 7 days after picking.

I explored the idea of settin up some kind of business exporting the stuff to London since there are so many asians there, but everyone i spoke to stated, it was practically impossible to export intact in taste and condition ouside south asia, as the fruit goes off super quick, doesnt travel well (the husks break) and it starts to smell.They said of a container airshipped of the product to Europe/USA over 50% of the product would deteriote so most people didnt bother.

But they told me chinese communities outside Asia insist on making do with any condition durian ,as they are addicted to it, so a less than fresh, less than prime product is what U see in America

Just judging by the colour of those durians in the pic they look off, and people here certainly wouldnt make do with em, compared to a fresh one.

Oh, so it only smells like ass if it isn't fresh.

Last edited:

Chicago Cheeseburgler Crew

BANNED , Banned , Here's why
10 Year Member
You people are spineless. Pussy smells too, but that shouldn't stop anyone. When something is made to be eaten sometimes you just gotta hold your nose and shut the fuck up.