Anyone tried one of these consolized MV1C boards w/ memory card reader?

kuze

Sultan of Slugs
10 Year Member
Why use a memory card when you can use NeoBiosMasta VMC on these?

SC-ULTRA

n00b
Anybody know a model number for the cabinet that all these China MV1C's come out of? Also would be interested in seeing how the io board connects for the db15/coin counters as well.

Last edited:

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
It's not the first time a memory card reader has been added to the 1C/1B.

It's great that someone is finally selling one. That's an ugly spot for it though. They probably have the reader sitting right on top of the 68K CPU (for the simplest implementation).

1. Memory card is portable, and you can move it to other boards/consoles if you have multiple
2. You can actually buy a memory card
That's what I've been trying to say. Sure, some are fine with a VMC, but there's also a demand for the aftermarket memory cards (SaveMasta and the JGO one).

Last edited:

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
Anybody know a model number for the cabinet that all these China MV1C's come out of? Also would be interested in seeing how the io board connects for the db15/coin counters as well.
I'm sure they were used in generic jamma cabs. That's what all the MVS 1-slots were designed for except the first models.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
For me a season of Baseball Stars 2 that’s mostly it.
I always hear this, but it's so wrong. It comes in handy for way too many Neo games to count. Difficult games like Magician Lord, Puzzle de Pon. The upgrades in AOF. The league mode in all the sports games. Riding Hero. The list goes on. Not to mention for capturing footage, it has saved me a lot of time.

TheMagicianLord

Rugal's Thug
It's not the first time a memory card reader has been added to the 1C/1B.

It's great that someone is finally selling one. That's an ugly spot for it though. They probably have the reader sitting right on top of the 68K CPU (for the simplest implementation).

That's what I've been trying to say. Sure, some are fine with a VMC, but there's also a demand for the aftermarket memory cards (SaveMasta and the JGO one).

Maybe they'll do a future run of those AES clone consolizations with a memory card feature added. I'm guessing that's a lot more expensive and time consuming to produce, though, having to do a new injection mold and overall redesign.

I still may grab one of these current ones. Takes up a lot less space than my MV2F + Supergun.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
Maybe they'll do a future run of those AES clone consolizations with a memory card feature added. I'm guessing that's a lot more expensive and time consuming to produce, though, having to do a new injection mold and overall redesign.

I still may grab one of these current ones. Takes up a lot less space than my MV2F + Supergun.
I would love that if the AES style one had a memory card slot on the front-right, but it would require a big redesign to make it fit.