Anyone try legalzoom.com

zapatistab

Athena's Wardrobe Manager
So getting a real lawyer is out of my budget right now...anyone try legalzoom.com? My wife and I want to set up a will and trust so our kids are protected when we kill over.

I see a lot of positive feedback...just wondering if anyone here has used it.

Thanks

aria

Former Moderator
So getting a real lawyer is out of my budget right now...anyone try legalzoom.com? My wife and I want to set up a will and trust so our kids are protected when we kill over.

Kill over how many people, exactly?

If its any consolation, the court will assign you a lawyer in that situation.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
kids are protected from what? Intestacy will probably make sure they get everything. Basically if a parent dies, everything passes to the spouse, unless you have a child from another marriage. In that case the child from the other marriage will get its cut, and the rest goes to the spouse.

Then if your spouse remarries, and she kills over, her new spouse gets everything. Then your kids are screwed, because he can assign everything to whoever he wants.

But assuming that doesn't happen, intestacy will protect your childrens' interest.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
I need a trust set up so I can gain easier access to NFA firearms.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Why don't you just open a firearms manufacturing company? Get your FFL and order what you want.

I'd love to be an FFL07.

I'd have a NG.com Machine Gun shoot and supply the ammo.

I have an FFL03 (Collector of Curio and Relics) so I can buy some guns through the mail/internet without a background check :emb:

Still, for the average citizen having a trust for their NFA weapons to belong to is the easiest route to obtain them. When the weapons are held in a trust you do not need to get your CLEO (Chief Law Enforcement Officer) to sign off on your Form 1/Form 4.

Here in CA I don't think my CLEO would be to thrilled with my desire to get a 10" pump shotgun with no stock.

Well I guess the BATF said you could get a Judge or the DA to sign off, but I don't see that happening.

It's just one less hassle to jump through. If I lived in MO still I'd probably set up a trust anyway so I could initiate purchase of said weapons whenever I wanted and only have to deal with paperwork to the ATF.

zapatistab

Athena's Wardrobe Manager
kids are protected from what? Intestacy will probably make sure they get everything. Basically if a parent dies, everything passes to the spouse, unless you have a child from another marriage. In that case the child from the other marriage will get its cut, and the rest goes to the spouse.

Then if your spouse remarries, and she kills over, her new spouse gets everything. Then your kids are screwed, because he can assign everything to whoever he wants.

But assuming that doesn't happen, intestacy will protect your childrens' interest.

Haha...thanks guys...I should have expected this.

Maybe I worded it incorrectly. When we die our kids will get the house and our other assets. (Won't happened without a will and trust) The life insurance is covered, and our other investments go to the kids, but the last thing we want is our house to go into probate. In the state of California it will without a will.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
I'm leaving everything to my brother.... Insurance, inheritance and everyting... Let him figure out what to do with it all.

Just in case the bird gets any ideas about killing me for teh money..

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Haha...thanks guys...I should have expected this.

Maybe I worded it incorrectly. When we die our kids will get the house and our other assets. (Won't happened without a will and trust) The life insurance is covered, and our other investments go to the kids, but the last thing we want is our house to go into probate. In the state of California it will without a will.

I guess. I figure your will goes into probate anyways. My amateur advice is that you and your wife each handwrite your wills. saves money and it will be valid assuming that you use the right words. Surely google machine has examples.

@norton - Slayers Rule will bar your killer from taking anything.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
@norton - Slayers Rule will bar your killer from taking anything.

Yeah, I thought about that...

But I got to thinking about what if it's not provable?

That's why I leave it up to little Fish.

Let him figure out whether or not the bitch had me done in.

Yeah, I thought about that...

But I got to thinking about what if it's not provable?

That's why I leave it up to little Fish.

Let him figure out whether or not the bitch had me done in.

What if he turns on you and works with the wife?