anyone using a xrgb-2 plus to play mvs games on a tft monitor?

supergoose

Die Gans,
20 Year Member
i just bought an xrgb-2 plus on a whim to replace the cheap chinese scaler that i got off ebay. should have probably waited for a regular xrgb-2 to turn up on ebay but the 2 plus was sold within europe which is why i jumped on it.

some of you guys know that my cab came without the rather rare 18" crt which is why i put a 20" tft monitor in the cab: video.
i was going to try to put a 19" crt in the cab, but don't have the time at the moment and i kind of got used to the larger picture and perfect geometry. also, it's super easy to rotate and works well with the xbox360.
the chinese scaler does the job quite well, but there are some minor problems that i want to get rid of. problems like very little flickering and some strange "shadows"/dark areas in the picture that shouldn't be there.

if you happen to use a xrgb-2 plus to play mvs games on a tft monitor (not a flatscreen tv), then it would be nice if you could let me know which mvs board you use and whether or not you had to put 220 ohm resistors in the rgb lines. which the regular xrgb-2 seems to have built in for an improved arcade pcb compatibility.
btw, i'll keep the slg3000 and don't plan to use the xrgb's scanlines.

Last edited: