Apple Store Fair Oaks, VA - Come Check it Out!

BoriquaSNK

His Excellency BoriquaSNK,, The Ambassador of Appl
15 Year Member
For the past few months it's been an absolutely insane run-on sentence, but I'm finally opening my new store!

After making a clean break from a soulless K-Street job working on the wrong side of the aisle to, of all things, Apple retail management...I can now officially say we're opening this Saturday, the 26th, at 10 AM.

There will be T-Shirts for the first 1,000 visitors...we're expecting those to go within the hour. These regularly go for quite a bit on eBay, so even if you hate my guts then it's an easy way to make a quick $50+.

I can't emphasize enough how crazy and awesome the past few weeks have been. We hired for weeks on end and hired some extraordinary people from all walks of life. For example, on staff we have a founding editor of USA Today and the former News Director for UPI, both of whom joined us just to be associated with Apple. It's incredible and a testament to how great this company is.

The most frustrating aspect of all of this was the secrecy, we hired these folks and couldn't even tell them when the store was opening...they found out today as well.

In any case, if you're in the area, please come. I'll be there right at 10 AM and will be on through the day, if you're an NG.com member please feel free to say hey, the name's Eric and I'll be the most energetic manager on staff that day I guarantee it.

So, again:

Apple Store, Fair Oaks Mall
Fairfax, VA
Saturday April 26th
10 AM (If you want a T-Shirt, get there at 8 in anticipation of the line, I couldn't hold any if I wanted to)

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
I'm not rich and "trendy" enough.

Also not GAY.

Last edited:

abdul

Aero Fighters Flyboy
Sweet man, I am definantly gonna try to come down there soon.

How did you land that? Weren't you working at the tysons one recently

DangerousK

MotoGP and Formula 1 Freak
20 Year Member
lol waiting in line for 2 hours to get a t-shirt

SpamYouToDeath

I asked for a, Custom Rank and, Learned My Lesson.
15 Year Member
I wish someone would open up some stores for Linux and BSD users. It'd be like the polar opposite of Apple stores, everyone would be brokeass college students who haven't showered or gotten a haircut in weeks.

Paik4Life

Armored Scrum Object
I'm planning on going but not 2 hours in advance. I will roll in probably right when the mall opens though.

I would love for Apple to make an ergo keyboard and mouse. I have their bluetooth keyboard and mighty mouse and they're frankly quiet terrible and especially bad for people who are prone to carpel tunnel. I used them for like a month and now they just sit around the house.

Anyway, if I see an manager named, "Eric" I'll say hello. Frankly, Apple stores are kind of silly since really there's no real point in going there unless you need computer help or a new product comes out, but I still go into them whenever I'm around one.

~Paik

SpamYouToDeath

15 Year Member
Paik4Life said:
I would love for Apple to make an ergo keyboard and mouse. I have their bluetooth keyboard and mighty mouse and they're frankly quiet terrible and especially bad for people who are prone to carpel tunnel. I used them for like a month and now they just sit around the house.
I find most of Apple's keyboards to be mushy, uncomfortable junk. Maybe I'm just completely spoiled by my epic Model M.

WeinerDogSunglasses

Ghost of Captain Kidd
15 Year Member
The new keyboard stomps everything. This one:

next-gen-imac-kb-070727-6.jpg

SpamYouToDeath

15 Year Member
pckeyboards_1996_925097

Own.

Seriously though, who stands in line to get a free shirt? I can get plenty of free shirts by telling people I'm a "valuable developer" and I don't even have to get up from my chair.

RocketLawnChair

Dyslexic Mods FWT!, , got me 2 scalps, ,
15 Year Member
SpamYouToDeath said:
pckeyboards_1996_925097

Own.

Seriously though, who stands in line to get a free shirt? I can get plenty of free shirts by telling people I'm a "valuable developer" and I don't even have to get up from my chair.
That keyboard's hot. I particularly appreciate the absence of the Windows, and Apple keys. ;)

Rade K

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Computers are for a-holes.

Only the pure, soft, natural sound of a typewriter will do for me.

How am I posting on NG.com you ask? A complicated array of abacuses on which my rapid flicking of beads even creates enough energy to broadcast internet signals.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
I have both the wired and wireless versions of the new keyboard. The wireless is great except it doesnt have the number pad but the biggest difference is the battery life. It is litterally a night and day difference between the new and the last gen keyboard.

The previous gen keyboard I would have to change batteries every month. The new keyboard that I got in December still has the original batteries in it. Huge difference.

bloodhokuto

Меня зов
15 Year Member
BoriquaSNK said:
For the past few months it's been an absolutely insane run-on sentence, but I'm finally opening my new store!

After making a clean break from a soulless K-Street job working on the wrong side of the aisle to, of all things, Apple retail management...I can now officially say we're opening this Saturday, the 26th, at 10 AM.

There will be T-Shirts for the first 1,000 visitors...we're expecting those to go within the hour. These regularly go for quite a bit on eBay, so even if you hate my guts then it's an easy way to make a quick $50+.

I can't emphasize enough how crazy and awesome the past few weeks have been. We hired for weeks on end and hired some extraordinary people from all walks of life. For example, on staff we have a founding editor of USA Today and the former News Director for UPI, both of whom joined us just to be associated with Apple. It's incredible and a testament to how great this company is.

The most frustrating aspect of all of this was the secrecy, we hired these folks and couldn't even tell them when the store was opening...they found out today as well.

In any case, if you're in the area, please come. I'll be there right at 10 AM and will be on through the day, if you're an NG.com member please feel free to say hey, the name's Eric and I'll be the most energetic manager on staff that day I guarantee it.

So, again:

Apple Store, Fair Oaks Mall
Fairfax, VA
Saturday April 26th
10 AM (If you want a T-Shirt, get there at 8 in anticipation of the line, I couldn't hold any if I wanted to)

!! CONGRATS OLD CHAP !!

I am guilty of waiting in line for an apple shirt, :) shame your store is wayyy over in USA, too far for my bus pass.

WeinerDogSunglasses

Ghost of Captain Kidd
15 Year Member
Doctor Shroom said:
Keyboard:
1.jpg

Jesus Christ, if I wanted a keyboard that had 30 hotkeys and the ability to make you coffee maybe, but I just want it to type comfortably on