Apple's "let's talk Iphone" keynote

Setsuna1982

World Her,
Is it embarrasing or what?

I mean... postcards? iMessaging (esentially whatsapp)? WTF?

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Here comes 10 pages of half the board looking for things they can nit-pick as if each thing were a personal insult or the end of the world, and the other half ridiculously and blindly defending whatever iStupidity the first half finds.

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
I heard they will have an iLaserDisc app to sync with your LD player from home so that you can watch Star Wars the way it was intended but on the go.

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
Mild improvement to keep fans salivating before the big upgrade.

All is normal.

Setsuna1982

World Her,
Iphone 4S.... really? I mean... really??

Next week: Android 4.0 and Nexus Prime... that just got my interest

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
I heard they will have an iLaserDisc app to sync with your LD player from home so that you can watch Star Wars the way it was intended but on the go.

XD Awesome and hilarious!!!

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member

this.

it is perfect metaphor for this board.

Do you have the name? I cannot find this app.

aria

Former Moderator
I (desperately) need a new phone as my old one is barely keeping together, so this will do --I've used my wife's Android a lot but I prefer, or perhaps I'm just used to, the Apple interface. On the plus side, I'm hoping the lukewarm response to the 4S will make it less of a hassle to track down immediately.

I (desperately) need a new phone as my old one is barely keeping together, so this will do --I've used my wife's Android a lot but I prefer, or perhaps I'm just used to, the Apple interface. On the plus side, I'm hoping the lukewarm response to the 4S will make it less of a hassle to track down immediately.

I don't really understand what people were expecting. It's got a much faster CPU/GPU and allegedly a much better antenna setup. At this point, what the fuck else could you hope for? I suppose the camera is nice for some people as well. At this point it's pretty much going to be evolutionary.

But seriously, I don't get the disappointment. I'd bet $100 people would love it, had they gone with iPhone5 for the name.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
ive been toying with the idea of an iphone for a while now. im a mac user and for the sake of connectivity it makes a lot of sense. i waited, because of the potential for an iphone 5, but now i just may get a regular iphone 4 at a deal price since they will be clearing them out shortly. iphone 4s? the world was waiting for a major redesign. oh well.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
but now i just may get a regular iphone 4 at a deal price since they will be clearing them out shortly.
It may seem like a good idea, but I would recommend not doing that. You'll only have to upgrade sooner. I got 3G very close before the release of 3GS, and now there are a ton of games that have come out that I can't play because they're only compatable with 3GS and later. Like King of Fighters. And the number increases daily.

It may seem like a good idea, but I would recommend not doing that. You'll only have to upgrade sooner. I got 3G very close before the release of 3GS, and now there are a ton of games that have come out that I can't play because they're only compatable with 3GS and later. Like King of Fighters. And the number increases daily.

Seconded.. My wife did the same with a 3G and she hates it. The older models just don't age well as Apple pushes the OS forward.

aria

Former Moderator
So I went and picked up a 4S last Friday (leaps and bounds better than my critically beat-up 3G) and I finally got to play with Siri, which is actually pretty well integrated. Imagine that Google mobile voice search app (which I liked a lot), only way better integrated into the phone. It has a few amusing answers, but generally it's been impressive.

Example:

SiriPrimeDirective.png

SirisPrimeDirective.png

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
So now that you're back on an iOS devise, perhaps we'll be better taken care of with the video imbeds?

aria

Former Moderator
So now that you're back on an iOS devise, perhaps we'll be better taken care of with the video imbeds?

No, why? I was on one before, I just don't whine about it ;)

Apple needs to get over flash.