Arcade viable in this day and age?

Lemony Vengeance

Mitt Romney's Hairdresser,
@Dan- I think my inbox was full or something, I cleaned it out and awaiting your PM.

We have had a lot of requests locally for various games and it's very apparent we need a bigger building. I am working on a Youtube account but I can't seem to get it done fast enough haha.

Anyone wanting to see more pictures, see what we are all about or want to see some videos can go to our facebook http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001120870823

Friend request sent!

DanAdamKOF

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Sent you the PM again, a little more info in it than last time, so good job in overlooking ;) it's a better PM this time lol

romeo11523

Mega Shock!!
Is there anyone that knows of a good place to get Taito Type X2 motherboards, somewhere that stocks them? I want to be ahead of things and start getting the boards now.

romeo11523

Mega Shock!!
A little off my topic but I didn't want to make another thread.

I am having a problem with my Tekken 5 cabinet. It has a bill validator in it but when you insert a dollar it doesn't give you any credits, any ideas? The validator didn't work when I bought the machine but after a LOT of duster I finally got it clean and it doesn't throw any error codes and the lights blink on the front as well as it validates the money but still no credits. I have checked to see if it's all connected and it is as well as checked the setup menu to make sure that all the coin setting are set to 1. I cannot find a specific setting just for the validator though, any help would be appreciated!

On topic, DDR with ITG 3, Drum Mania and Para Para came in at 11:30 last night! I have been modeling space in the new building we are looking at and actually got to talk to a guy from Korea that stopped and played Technika last night and he went over the layout with me. Now to decide on 48 New Delta 32's or 48 Vewlix VS cabs!!!

romeo11523

Mega Shock!!
Our first week was a success I thought with 14 people attending and our second week net at peak was 38 with people from cleveland, Bowling Green, Indiana and Illinois!!! Everyone had an awesome night!

ap.jpg

Last edited:

The King Prawn

Marked Wolf
This is great to hear, congrats!

Regarding the bill acceptor, check the dip settings on the unit. If the cab was wired for one, as it sounds it was, the dips on the DBA is probably the issue.

romeo11523

Mega Shock!!
@King- Thanks, I will have to try that this morning!

I am looking to add a Bust a Move into the mix or rather something Neo Geo and I have recently found one locally. The guy is coming today to talk to me and possible I may go pick it up but I wanted to get some opinions on what it's worth. I have the picture below and he is asking $500 for it.

bb.jpg

Dion

Known Scammer, NeoGeoFreak Co-Founder
Don't buy it. $500 for a conversion is a ripoff. $150 max for a conversion with a 19 inch monitor.

trenog

Gai's Trainer
10 Year Member
Don't buy it. $500 for a conversion is a ripoff. $150 max for a conversion with a 19 inch monitor.

Yeah, bad conversions aren't worth much in my opinion. They don't do the new job all that well or look aesthetically pleasing.

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
That huge red bezzle around the monitor looks terrible.

I would defiantly skip on it at that price.

DanAdamKOF

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
The button layout sucks anyway. Not that you couldn't change it if you really wanted to, but how much work would you want to put into a crappy conversion and all

romeo11523

Mega Shock!!
I could not find dip switch setting on the Tekken machine or in the owners manual, the only thing I could find were chute options in the menu and all mine are set correctly.

On the Neo Geo cabinet, all thats been said makes sense and the reason I posted to get opinions before I jumped. Thanks guys!

The King Prawn

Marked Wolf
There should be a bank of dips on the DBA itself if it's an MEI or JCM. Coinco units use a configuration card you can download from their site. From the description of blinking lights in the front and error codes it sounds like an MEI unit. How does the harness look for the DBA? Was it spliced in or was the cabinet wired for one?

romeo11523

Mega Shock!!
I ended up picking up a good lot the other day! Gauntlet 33" Showcab, Gauntlet empty cab, 2 slot MVS & games, Atomiswave IO, DDR card reader with plate, Area 51 cab, MVC cab, empty blitz (using it for KI, never build a cab from MDF), Carnevil board was in the blitz cab and change machine. I'm not going to keep the dedicated showcab, found out those are rare. The pic of the empty Gauntlet is below, was basically free and the thing is pristine!

gaun.JPG

Anyone help with identifying the cab pictured below?

cab1.JPG

cab2.JPG

cab3.JPG

trenog

Gai's Trainer
10 Year Member
Dunno about that empty, but nice work on the massive buy! Hopefully it won't take too long to get that hardware and cabware up and running :)

The King Prawn

Marked Wolf
Neither I, however having a hard time making it out. Monitor on the computer I'm using is going out so all images appear very dark. How does it look? OEM or a hack job? Are there any markings on the cab? Now you've got me curious as to the cab's origins.