Are there any good video game stores in Los Angeles?

Large

, ,
If yes, please let me know the name, address and what kind of games they have. Preowned games would be fine. I only know the eb at Santa Monica Bld.

Thanks a lot for your help
Large

aria

Former Moderator
Game Dude

Look them up on the web, they have a website. I used to go there pretty frequently. They're a gamers paradise (but not collectors since most of their wares are used). They're absolutely enormous (I agree with their claim that they're the biggest). It's in North Hollywood off Sherman Way and I believe Laurel Canyon.

<small>[ May 08, 2003, 03:00 PM: Message edited by: Bobak ]</small>

Giby

Disciple Of Orochi
Bobak:
Game Dude

Look them up on the web, they have a website. I used to go there pretty frequently. They're a gamers paradise (but not collectors since most of their wares are used). They're absolutely enormous (I agree with their claim that they're the biggest). It's in North Hollywood off Sherman Way and I believe Laurel Canyon.
You got the streets right, but the problom with Game Dude is that the don't have any Neo games at the moment.

Here is what they told me,
Giby,

Usually I would tell you that you would have to submit a list of
specific titles for the Neo Geo system and I would see which ones we
have in. Today, unfortunately, we don't need to go through that. With
the big trade show E3 in town next week, we have had collectors from all
over the world picking over our stacks. Suffice it to say, I don't have
a single Neo cartridge in stock at the moment.

If there is anything else we can do for you, please let us know.

Sincerely,

Galen
Game Dude

Doesn't that suck.

Giby

Super Porky

Camel Slug
Hyper Game Action, Gameland, and World of Games are good, especially Gameland. They have a shitload of imports. They are all located in Torrance.

Flashmaster_Jahoon

Crazed MVS Addict
I'm in LA right now. I think I'll check out Gamedude. I'm in Redesa and I did a mapquest search and it's just over 7 miles away.

Large

, ,
That would be nice, but I think I have not enough spare time :-( It will be hard days for me and I hope I could actually visit a gamestore.

neobuyer

Master of Disguise,
Well, Gamedude is no longer a place to buy/sell Neo games.

I talked with a couple of the people there and they claim that they're trying to completely get out of dealing in Neo home carts.

They lowered their buying prices to the pooint that they're trying to discourage anyone from actually selling Neo carts to them.

Freakit

Host for Orochi
Japan Video Games?
I used to buy Neo Geo AES carts from them all the time.
Is the dude still operating out of his house?
I remember when I used to call to order a game occasionally his wife would pick up and be all confused about why I was calling and would go get her husband. then he'd apologize for her and ask what I wanted to order.

but noneless, they were reliable. buttrock

Large

, ,
I was at Game Dude. Man, this shop sucks. They got nothing special and for every game you want to see, you have to ask somebody behind the counter. Not my kind of "cool game store". Every eb is better for shopping imo. Nevertheless thanks for the hint.

Regards
Large