are there any vegetarians here?

Electric Cake

Kula's Candy
this the the vegetarian thread..:multi_co:
vegans are welome too:)

lets talk about food, dishes and thoughts..

Average Joe

Be water, my friend.
20 Year Member
I am but I don't tend to actively engage in topical discussion about it.

Baseley09

Hair Group,
Average Joe said:

Because its embarrassing.

I dont trust vegitarians.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Average Joe said:

Why is that????

I do know that lots of people do look down on Vegetarians in many parts of the country....

Of course, Many people where I live look down on you for eating meat.

Last edited:

shirt

Andy's Clothes Designer
Cooked vegan (if it's pasteurized, I don't touch it)

Raw primal (I eat lots of raw milk, cheese, butter etc. - comes from the Amish :buttrock: )

Once in a while I eat some Bison (raw or dehydrated "jerky") or EXTREMELY fresh raw fish from a highly reputable source.

Actually about to go raw vegan for a couple weeks for cleansing.

Average Joe

Be water, my friend.
20 Year Member
norton9478 said:
Why is that????

I do know that lots of people do look down on Vegetarians in many parts of the country....

Well, as a general rule I don't participate in any sort of talk about various important
moral/social/political issues.

Guess I just don't care enough to explain my views is all and I find talking about it boring.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Average Joe said:
Well, as a general rule I don't participate in any sort of talk about various important
moral/social/political issues.

Guess I just don't care enough to explain my views is all and I find talking about it boring.

Moral reasons....
That is cool...

I know that you are a health nut too.... So I just assumed that was why you were a Veg. (Although I am sure that it also plays a role).

I wish I could kick the meat (mostly for moral reasons).... But I can't.

abasuto

Orgy Hosting Mod
15 Year Member
norton9478 said:
Why is that????

Women can get away with being one ( especially when it's an excuse to mask being anorexic ), but the fellers are generally viewed as one step from wearing a dress.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Abasuto said:
Women can get away with being one ( especially when it's an excuse to mask being anorexic ), but the fellers are generally viewed as one step from wearing a dress.

I fret over bringing meat or meat based foods to work luncheons...... I know that it might upset some people.... Sometimes I do, Sometimes I go out of my way to whip up something without meat....

I guess I get that from my mother.... She always made sure to bring meatless stuff to Church Pot-Lucks. Because there was a family of Vegetarians who always went.

Last edited:

Late

Reichsf?rer-Finnland,
20 Year Member
o/

Since '96

p.S why the hell does norton post in every single thread, even when he has nothing
to say?

*anorexic ninja edit*

Stop quoting him please, it renders the ignore list useless

abasuto

Orgy Hosting Mod
15 Year Member
norton9478 said:
Especially in the deep south...

I fret over bringing meat or meat based foods to work luncheons...... I know that it might upset some people....

I've yet to personally know a vegetarian who wasn't from an upper class family. It's an expensive eating style to keep up if done properly.

What gives them a bad rep are the ones who want to preach and lecture meat eaters about their diet and never once do they consider that many people can not afford such a diet.

I use to know this girl (who was poor) who bought into the craze. She lived on french fries and head lettuce. All she could afford and she looked like death from malnutrition.

Average Joe

Be water, my friend.
20 Year Member
norton9478 said:

Moral reasons....
That is cool...

I know that you are a health nut too.... So I just assumed that was why you were a Veg. (Although I am sure that it also plays a role).

I wish I could kick the meat (mostly for moral reasons).... But I can't.

Why not, I'll talk a bit.

I was actually a Vegetarian 3-4 years before I became active in physical fitness.

One day I was making a turkey sandwich and for whatever reason, I just got struck hard by the fact that I was about to eat thinly-sliced pieces of some former living creatures flesh and it started to creep me out so I never ate meat again.

Personally, I think eating meat is perfectly fine and natural it's just not for me.

After having not eaten it for a number of years I don't miss it in the slightest.

ForeverSublime

6400|!!|Kyo Clone
20 Year Member
norton9478 said:
Why is that????

Eh, I guess it's like talking about what clothes I'm wearing today. I'll talk about diets in general - which in turn I'll discuss many vegetarian/vegan habits - but I don't feel a need to broadcast my diet without something to be learned on my end or taught to another. I don't think most meat eaters - with better things to do - spend time talking about hotdogs.

abasuto

Orgy Hosting Mod
15 Year Member
Average Joe said:
Personally, I think eating meat is perfectly fine and natural it's just not for me.

See, this is the attitude I like. You're not condemning others for their lifestyle.

Average Joe

Be water, my friend.
20 Year Member
Abasuto said:
What gives them a bad rep are the ones who want to preach and lecture meat eaters about their diet and never once do they consider that many people can not afford such a diet.

I hate preachy people more than any other kind of people.

Even if they happen to share the same views as me, fuck'em.

EDIT:
icon14.gif

channelmaniac

Mr Neo Fix-it
15 Year Member
Does anyone do it for other reasons? Like overuse of hormones and antibiotics in meat production? Cruelty on the killing floor? etc...

shirt

Andy's Clothes Designer
Unfortunately, there's nothing natural about eating cooked meat. It actually contradicts your biology. :\

And that's saying nothing about the diseases the animals themselves had, stress hormones, chemical preservatives...

ForeverSublime

6400|!!|Kyo Clone
20 Year Member
shirt said:
Unfortunately, there's nothing natural about eating cooked meat. It actually contradicts your biology. :\

And that's saying nothing about the diseases the animals themselves had, stress hormones, chemical preservatives...

Can you educate me on raw meat? I know it's "natural" and raw (in general) has its advantages, but I'd like to know how it contradicts biology.

:)

PS - It's almost lunch time.

Electric Cake

Kula's Candy
channelmaniac said:
Does anyone do it for other reasons? Like overuse of hormones and antibiotics in meat production? Cruelty on the killing floor? etc...
i do it for myself.
im not radical or so, i am eating cheese and sometimes a candy thing with gelatine.
i think its relaxed to not eat meat and fish. i dont know.
in the beginnig i quited with the meat only and eating fish for 2 years, but quited that too.
i was a really big carnivore and was sort of "addicted to meat".
everywhere is meat. and sometimes its a bit boring. the ansjovis on the pizza i misses the most. :)

sometimes i order thai food thats vegetarian and thats really from heaven.
thanks to god i like vegetables very much. i can eat 1kg lettuce if i would.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
shirt said:

Cooking meet removes harmful bacteria and diseases.

An argument against cooked meat is about as sound as an argument against cleaned vegetables. Animals in the wild don't wash their veggies before eating them. The could have shit and piss on them and still get eaten.

Vegetables are prone to the same risks as meats are now. As such, I see the only solid rationales for vegetarianism as:

1) weight loss
2) amount of vegetables to raise livestock could substantially affect world hunger.

I'm not really built for vegetarianism. To maintain my muscle mass without meats would be more unnatural than cooked meat... I think I was built to be a predator.

channelmaniac

Mr Neo Fix-it
15 Year Member
Thanks,

I was curious as my wife isn't a vegetarian but doesn't eat meat from the grocery store - the whole cruelty thing... She will eat what I kill when I hunt though.

RJ

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Abasuto said:
I've yet to personally know a vegetarian who wasn't from an upper class family. It's an expensive eating style to keep up if done properly.

Most of the Veggies I knew were middle class.. And that's not counting the real-life (not posers or hipster) hippies.

It really isn't anymore more expensive... as long as you carefully plan everything right...

But Organinc... That is expensive as shit....

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
ForeverSublime said:
I don't think most meat eaters - with better things to do - spend time talking about hotdogs.

man could I go on about hotdogs.......

Without even getting into the negative discussion.