Are you guys in the spirit for Halloween

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
What do you think Frank meant when he said it?

edit: man. I don't know what it is. When I was young, I could watch any R-rated movie and be unphased, because I knew it was all fake. But now that I'm older, rewatching it hits me harder than when I was a kid.

Spoiler:

Apparently the quote is a reference to the Lazarus story of the bible, Jesus wept when he saw the dying man and brought him back to life. I think it was Clive Barker's way to say "see ya'll in part two".

Speaking of which, Hellraiser 2 is my fave of the series, perfectly dark and gritty. The black beacon in hell alone is so cool it would have deserved an Oscar. The rest of the series is completely forgettable IMO.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Rewatching the scene, now it looks to me like Frank is calling Jesus a pussy for crying, while here he is with his face and flesh being stretched and torn with hooks and he's still smiling, "look at me, I don't cry like a bitch". Like a final act of rebellion before being taken to Hell.

2D_mastur

Is he greater than XD Master?
10 Year Member
Rewatching the scene, now it looks to me like Frank is calling Jesus a pussy for crying, while here he is with his face and flesh being stretched and torn with hooks and he's still smiling, "look at me, I don't cry like a bitch". Like a final act of rebellion before being taken to Hell.

That's always how I took it, but a different scripture came to mind.

I always thought it refferenced Jesus crying and praying in the garden of Gethsemane; for God to take away the cup of suffering from his destiny.

Last edited:

XxHennersXx

Why So Many X's?,
15 Year Member
I love Halloween. It’s my favorite and is usually a month long celebration for me

But middle of last month my entire world got upended and I’ve been a broken shell since.

I haven’t even watched a single horror movie all month

XxHennersXx

Why So Many X's?,
15 Year Member
Henners what's going on bro

Well, my fiancé and I split up.

And it’s got me pretty fucked up.

Covid and having to work during it already had me a stress pile, plus school, so my insomnia kicked off and I slept 3 hours a night since June, and that apparently had me relapse into a extreme depressive episode and my mind went into a self preservation mode where it wasn’t “sad” it was just generally unemotive and I pushed her away. She felt uncared for and neglected.

So I couldn’t bear to stay where she and I had shared a space, and she moved to a neighborhood in Seattle where all my friends live. I ended up moving to a different part of Seattle where I know no one and the bridge broke during covid so it takes 20-40 minutes during rush hour now so it’s a big PITA and most my friends won’t fuck with it.

Let alone the friends that live where I used to - is effectively an hour away now.

So now I’m depressed, stressed, anxious, suicidal, I see no fucking future because it was all set in place. And I don’t know what I’m fucking doing. And I don’t have any support group at all here, not even like a trusted circle of people you know are taking precautions so you hang out with them still. So I come home to a big apartment with no one else, in a new city, in a part of it where I know no one. After being so used to having someone there I can talk to at any given moment, I can hold, that can hold me.

I’m fucking stupid and threw it away. And I want to jump from my 3rd floor high rise balcony every waking moment of the fucking day.

I never had met someone that meshed with me like that. The spark was so fucking real the first night we talked we set up two dates, not just one. Because we knew it would feel right. We had 3 that week and we felt true love. And it had been amazing until this summer.

6 weeks prior to us breaking up was her birthday and we were still so happy. But in August I shut down completely.

So now the fucking love of my life is gone because of my own actions and I fucking hate myself. I don’t see a fucking point to anything anymore.

I’m fucking done. I’m through. I don’t want to exist anymore.

Halloween was our favorite time of year and now it’s just here. It just exists. Fuck it all. Fuck everything 2020.

I didn’t contract this stupid fucking virus but it still killed me.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
It's okay, Moe, it's really okay.

Mine look kinda shabby most of the time, mebbe I'll add some pics later on.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Well, my fiancé and I split up.

And it’s got me pretty fucked up.

Covid and having to work during it already had me a stress pile, plus school, so my insomnia kicked off and I slept 3 hours a night since June, and that apparently had me relapse into a extreme depressive episode and my mind went into a self preservation mode where it wasn’t “sad” it was just generally unemotive and I pushed her away. She felt uncared for and neglected.

So I couldn’t bear to stay where she and I had shared a space, and she moved to a neighborhood in Seattle where all my friends live. I ended up moving to a different part of Seattle where I know no one and the bridge broke during covid so it takes 20-40 minutes during rush hour now so it’s a big PITA and most my friends won’t fuck with it.

Let alone the friends that live where I used to - is effectively an hour away now.

So now I’m depressed, stressed, anxious, suicidal, I see no fucking future because it was all set in place. And I don’t know what I’m fucking doing. And I don’t have any support group at all here, not even like a trusted circle of people you know are taking precautions so you hang out with them still. So I come home to a big apartment with no one else, in a new city, in a part of it where I know no one. After being so used to having someone there I can talk to at any given moment, I can hold, that can hold me.

I’m fucking stupid and threw it away. And I want to jump from my 3rd floor high rise balcony every waking moment of the fucking day.

I never had met someone that meshed with me like that. The spark was so fucking real the first night we talked we set up two dates, not just one. Because we knew it would feel right. We had 3 that week and we felt true love. And it had been amazing until this summer.

6 weeks prior to us breaking up was her birthday and we were still so happy. But in August I shut down completely.

So now the fucking love of my life is gone because of my own actions and I fucking hate myself. I don’t see a fucking point to anything anymore.

I’m fucking done. I’m through. I don’t want to exist anymore.

Halloween was our favorite time of year and now it’s just here. It just exists. Fuck it all. Fuck everything 2020.

I didn’t contract this stupid fucking virus but it still killed me.

Why did you break up?

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
Maybe you can still patch things up with her? Crawl back on your hands and knees, explain what you just explained to us, tell her how much you love and miss her, and ask for a second chance.

XxHennersXx

Why So Many X's?,
15 Year Member
Maybe you can still patch things up with her? Crawl back on your hands and knees, explain what you just explained to us, tell her how much you love and miss her, and ask for a second chance.

She was originally going to give me a second chance.

She said there’s still a possibility but she needs a lot of time.

I told her everything I’ve told you all. We talked for 7 hours when she got the last of her stuff.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Only one group of youngsters came by and they were wearing masks, hur hur.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
This was the first year that I didn't go out with my daughter, she opted to go with her friends.

I knew the train was on the tracks, this is normal once they reach a certain age. It was a good run, 2012-2019. I'll admit that I was sad, but such is life.

My wife and I hung out, had some porch drinks, and handed out candy to the kids that came by, it was a really nice night weather wise. No complaints there.