Ask a Glasshole! Google Glass Explorer Edition.

KaPH33n

Sieger's Squire
Hi guys, I just picked up my Google Glass today. I know this thing is controversial, and a hot tech topic lately. If anyone has any questions about the product I will try to answer them!

I picked the Cotton (White) color after seeing them all in person.
20130712_152939_548.jpg

I'm planning to make software for it and also do some hardware modding if possible.

Teddy KGB

Капитан Борода
10 Year Member
Bring it to CAX tomorrow, I want to check it out. ;)

KaPH33n

Sieger's Squire
yes, I am planning to take it to CAX tomorrow. I was going to record a walkthrough for sure and try to do a hangout if cell service is ok.

oldschool

Cock Killer with Ice D,
Will every future mirror picture be hands-free but wearing glasses? :kekeke:

trenog

Gai's Trainer
10 Year Member
Show me some video of you playing on cabs. This is a thing I want

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
There should be an app so that when you look at another person's genitalia, you can access a list of other people who have seen the same genitalia.

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
Since 95% of the videos I do on my channel are walkthrough videos I'd love to see a tour of CallyX. Also, if you could try to get some videos of you playing an arcade game or some pinball machines to see the video quality. Right now I use a tripod and set it up in front of the game and stand far back to play.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
serious question, when you look at your dick with the glasses on, what does Google tell you?

KaPH33n

Sieger's Squire
serious question, when you look at your dick with the glasses on, what does Google tell you?
I think Google really did a disservice to Glass by releasing that original video that was an augmented reality universe. It's really a passive device, not capable of augmented reality. It stays asleep until you wake it up to do something. It's not analyzing and recording everything. It's basically a smartphone on your face.

Since 95% of the videos I do on my channel are walkthrough videos I'd love to see a tour of CallyX. Also, if you could try to get some videos of you playing an arcade game or some pinball machines to see the video quality. Right now I use a tripod and set it up in front of the game and stand far back to play.
Show me some video of you playing on cabs. This is a thing I want

Craig

Stupid Bitch.,
15 Year Member
i thought it was going to be more like the 'solid eye' from mgs4...

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
So what do you see? From the videos seems like it only records what's happening outside it.

Is this because the apps don't exist yet?

KaPH33n

Sieger's Squire
you look so friggin' smug in that pic lol.
Guess I was a little excited to pick it up :D

So what do you see? From the videos seems like it only records what's happening outside it.

Is this because the apps don't exist yet?
There is a 640x360 screen that is reflected with a prism towards your eye. It appears to be a virtual screen a bit further off in space. The color quality and resolution is better than I expected.

There are some apps for it, but it's not really a computer in itself. It needs to attach to your smartphone to get a lot of functionality such as GPS. Most things revolve around the Google Universe, but there are apps for facebook, tumblr, new york times, and others. The apps aren't so much rehashes of the smartphone versions as something unique in themselves for Glass. You can't just view your facebook news feed, and I wouldn't want to on Glass.

Last edited: