Atomiswave SD Cabinets - UK

Mr-Megalo

Morden's Lackey
Rating - 100%
26   0   0
Hello, long time no post :emb:

some of you may know me from other forums, some of you may not, but for those of you who don't if you want to take a minute and go through some of my post history on here you will get a good idea of what i'm about and what I like (namely Japanese Candy cabs and similar)

A bit of background:
Since our last group order of Candy Cabinets earlier in the year and in September 2006 which we organised as a "Group Order" using another forum
many people have emailed or PMed myself & "Vib Ribbon" about another possible cabinet order. In truth, we had never stopped looking, but what we had been offered didn't meet our demands for quality and affordability.
We had a lot of support from the forum we used and its members, and between our last 2 orders, we managed to bring in Taito Egret 2, AWSD, Windy 1 and Windy 2 cabinets. We even brought in 20 RiverService stools in the last cabinet order as well to go with the cabs.
We think we've learnt a lot from these orders which we can take onto the next order to provide a better service to all

The next order:
Cabinets can change hands very quickly. Sometimes we can be offered some cabs on Monday night, and by Tuesday morning they would have been sold to someone else by our suppliers. We knew we had to act quickly to secure the more desirable cabs which forum members have asked us for. It would have been difficult to repeat what we did the last time, getting enough people to commit before we went ahead.
So based on the good relation we have forged with our suppliers and the faith that we have on the support of the forum and the community, we have placed an order for 8 Sega Blast City cabinets and 10 AWSD cabinets. We have attached some photos of the actual cabs and you can appreciate the condition based on their young age.

1/ Cabs and their specifications:
8x Sega Blast City - with original spec Tri Sync Nanao 29" monitor, CP arrangement is not yet confirmed, but most are believed to have original Sega Blast City CP's fitted
10 x AWSD - these are also original spec Tri Sync Wei Ya 29" FST monitor with 1player 6 button CP's. Some will have replacement Egret 2 or 3, 2L8B or 2L12B CPs.

All cabinets will have their native 110v PSU and Japanese coin mech.

The Sega Blast City has often been described as the Rolls Royce of cabs, and we think the AWSD is a quality Tri-Sync alternative at a very affordable price.

2/ Costs:
Blast City = £1250
Atomiswave SD = £675
prices are ex works Sheffield, UK, unpacked.

NB: Due to the overwhelming interest in the 8 Blast City cabinets in this order. We regret to inform they are all sold.

We always try our best to factor into the asking price the cost of warehouse, hire of forklift/ pallet truck, cleaning materials and other contingency costs so if anything gets damaged during transit from Japan, we'll have the means to fix them without having to ask for more money from our customers. If there isn't much that needs doing, we spend the money on new sticks and buttons etc. In the unlikely event that we have under-calculated the total costs of these cabs, we will contact you ASAP to work out a satisfactory resolve between us.

3/ Due Date:
We are working with the supplier to get ourselves booked on a vessel. The unconfirmed date of dispatch is November 1st 2007.
Christmas can be a busy period so I will confirm once date is confirmed.
Previously, it's been 1 month from Japan to UK and a few weeks for testing.

4/ If I pay now do I get the best cab?
We like to operate on a level playing field so it's a first come first served basis. The best cab will be picked for you based on your payment order and your specified requirements (eg, preference on number of buttons on the CP etc)

5/ Does it come with any warranty?
No, but mr meg will give each machine a thorough check through and make any fixes he sees necessary. You are welcome to arrange a viewing of the cabs in Sheffield. We pride ourselves in our aftersales and we will always do our best to help on email or on the forums.

6/ Can you deliver?
We intend to use the same freight forwarding companies as the last time. We take every precaution that the cab will arrive at your doorstep the way they leave the warehouse. As an example of our rates which includes palleting and bubble wrap packing... Within the UK = GBP100, Rest of Europe = GBP250 ~ GBP300. You are also welcome to come pick up in person given prior arrangement.

7/ How do I pay?
If you are in the UK, by cheque, bank transfer, or cash at a Natwest.
If you are in Europe, by international bank transfer in Pounds Sterling.

Please either drop me (Mr-Megalo) a PM or drop "Vib Ribbon" an email on chunwah @ gmail . com (<---remove the spaces) for full payment details and any other queries you may have. Thanks. I'll also update this list when needed.

We hope everyone can show us the same level of support that had made the first 2 orders the success that they were, as we always endeavour to promote and support the arcade gaming community!

awsd_cab3.jpg

Last edited:

Kaike

Geese's Thug
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
This man is legit any very helpful. I come out of the blue and ask him for help and he responds promptly and tries his best to figure out my problems even when he is hungover lmao. I would jump on these cabs if I lived in the UK.

Dave_K.

NEST Puppet
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Mr. Meg was over the top when he had the aero table. Now he is just tops. ;)

Last edited:

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
Cool man, tbh I think a tri-sync monitor would be wasted on me when I only ever want to play neogeo.

God, an LS Sound would have been perfect, I remember visiting tony with my mate and he had loads of 'em , I should have just got one then. :envy:

SuperPang

Cham Cham's Espresso,
Rating - 100%
81   0   0
This is the first time EVER that candies have been imported to rip off Britain and worked out cheaper than they sell for in the US. 675 for an AWSD is a hell of a bargain. Astro City/Super Neo money. And Mr Meg is teh uber seller too :buttrock:

kernow said:
Cool man, tbh I think a tri-sync monitor would be wasted on me when I only ever want to play neogeo.
The AWSD has a JVS ready PSU as well so its a helluva excuse to get into Naomi!

Tung Fu Rue's Prize Student
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
94   0   0
Time to step your game up kern. You won't regret it!

alec

Hardcore Neoholic
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
103   0   0
UK folks, you will love these cabinets. I just got my second and third in, and the 3 of them look great. Not a lot of play on any of them. Very nice cabs, especially love those flat screens.

danUK

New Challenger
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Meg is an excellent guy, and won't disappoint

Picked up my Egret 2 on the last cab order, working with Meg and Vib was a pleasure

Fantastic deal on the AWSD too!!

Mr-Megalo

Morden's Lackey
Rating - 100%
26   0   0
@ Dan, thanks for the kind words, glad your still enjoying the Egret (shame you couldn't snag that replacement Nanao though eh)

just a slight update, we are keeping a list of updates on our own bit of webspace now at www.we-play-games.com
http://we-play-games.com/community/showthread.php?t=44

just to let you know, the warehouse is booked, the container is en route and our freight forwarders have been booked :)

if you have any Questions or wish to discuss the cabs with us, please feel free to post in our discussion thread http://we-play-games.com/community/showthread.php?t=142

I will of course also keep this thread updated too

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
Mark,

I am having problems with that forum, I can't post in the discussion thread.

I wanted to ask about low res support and a 4 slot, as I will primarily be using that setup.

I hope the cab can easily be setup for a multislot, a 1slot is painful sometimes.

I'm all worried now noo, I have access to a one-slot so its not the end of the world, however it'd be a bummer to only be able to use that.

Last edited:

Pitbul09

Tarma's Gun Polisher
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
wow anyway we can get these in the us (i know there are some here) but who sells them?

Mr-Megalo

Morden's Lackey
Rating - 100%
26   0   0
kernow said:
Mark,

I am having problems with that forum, I can't post in the discussion thread.

I wanted to ask about low res support and a 4 slot, as I will primarily be using that setup.

I hope the cab can easily be setup for a multislot, a 1slot is painful sometimes.

I'm all worried now noo, I have access to a one-slot so its not the end of the world, however it'd be a bummer to only be able to use that.

Hiya Kernow

you can use a multislot MVS quite easily in a JAMMA cab by using an MVS>JAMMA adaptor as seen at jammaboards.com
http://www.jammaboards.com/store/neogeo-mvs-to-jamma-adapter/prod_198.html
however to use them on a Wei ya or Rodotron monitor I will need to combine the H & V sync lines together, otherwise the screen may either occasionally roll, or will constantly roll, this was actually discussed on our discussion thread earlier as it goes.

when you say you can't post, can you not post at all or is it just in the one thread ? if you can't post at all, did you get a member validation e-mail to the forum at all ? (if you didn't let me know)
the initial thread was closed for updates to be added and we started a discussion thread only recently now we have sorted out a forum to do so

@ Pitbul09, theres a chap on here caled "Droid" who is based in the US, he posts on here on behalf of "Matsu" a US based Candy Cab and amusement machne seller, I think there is a thread somewhere here in the sales section mentioning this, I think he has some AWSD cabs

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
I registered and can see the pages, I did the confirmation email part, or tried to , but it says my code is wrong or something. man that forums harder to get into than fort knox. I'll try again today, have it send me another confirmation code or something I guess.

its pretty wierd I've signed up but don't have permission to post though, I've never seen this on the other 500 forums I've joined before.

I'd better get it working I have a few things to discuss :(

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
kernow, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

=======

I guess I need another validation email then, as my old one refuses to work :)

Cripes getting this cab to work with a multi slot seems a complete mission, and more money on a mvs-jamma adaptor, which only seems to do mono! awesome

Mr-Megalo

Morden's Lackey
Rating - 100%
26   0   0
hiya kernow,

right, leave it with on the validation e-mail/forum access

RE: getting stereo from the multoslot MVS, there are a bunch of extra connectors on the AWSD situated where the JAMMA loom is, one of which is for using stereo out onother systems / PCB's

SuperPang

Cham Cham's Espresso,
Rating - 100%
81   0   0
kernow said:
Cripes getting this cab to work with a multi slot seems a complete mission, and more money on a mvs-jamma adaptor, which only seems to do mono! awesome
Its the same with any JAMMA cab. Select will already be wired to the CP (AW button 5) though so that's a start. :)

Mr-Megalo

Morden's Lackey
Rating - 100%
26   0   0
just a little bump
we have one AWSD left
same price of £675
cabinet is of equal condition as the others and has manuals and marquee

heres the pics

spareawsd1oq7.jpg

spareawsd2uh6.jpg

spareawsd3rl7.jpg