August SotM: Mars Matrix

_rm_

Bead Banger
10 Year Member
I gave it a first try yesterday but had no time to upload the pic. I have no idea what the hell i am doing on this game, it's almost hilarious. At least i got to see stage 3,lol.

team_andromeda

Armored Scrum Object
team_andromeda - 46094750 - Level 1 - Blue - DC

This game is hard and I play like a toddler, I can't beat level 1 hahahaha

1438881753408341506375.jpg

Last edited:

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
My dpad skills have certainly diminished since getting into arcade games, it's like a foreign concept to me now. I really need to get a proper stick for the DC.

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member
Out of curiosity, what are the scoring differences between DC and CPS2?

I'm not sure the exact differences aside from the counter stop, but my scores on DC seem to be about 2x my CPS2 scores :/

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I gave it a first try yesterday but had no time to upload the pic. I have no idea what the hell i am doing on this game, it's almost hilarious. At least i got to see stage 3,lol.

Not much to do other than know how the one button 3 weapon system works and pick up gold consecutively before the counter runs out in order to keep a higher count and level up faster. Kinda like Dangun Feveron with the discmen and the DOJ combo bar counters. Only bullets can kill you, everything else doesn't hurt you, not even bosses.

You can also generate more gold than usual by absorbing the bullets and shotting them back to the enemies, when the enemies are killed this way the drop lots more gold but on the down side you are utilizing your reflect bar, however unlike gigawing which depletes the bar completely to reflect bullets, MM can be used by little bits if you want to, the thing is the refill time although shorter it still has the same amount of time allotted to the animation of being full, in other words, spamming it isn't the way to go.

skate323k137

10 Year Member
Only bullets can kill you, everything else doesn't hurt you, not even bosses.

This is pretty clutch. Point blanking with the piercing cannon can be a good way to keep the chain going since you can grab the gold immediately instead of it popping upwards on the screen and having to "fall" down to you.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Also, I forgot to mention that you can aim the bullets that you absorb by moving them in front of you which is done via opposite maneuvering, think of them bullets as the little Deathsmiles familiars which move with you or against you in a satellite manner. I might not be explaining it right, but once you fuck around with the aiming a couple of times you'll know exactly what I mean.

The reflect bar also has 3 stages, one that repels bullets, the next one absorbs them and allows you to aim them back at the enemy and the last which is the reflect bomb like Gigawings which depletes the reflect bar completely.

_rm_

Bead Banger
10 Year Member
Yesterday i played a couple runs, but my first day try is still the best :/

If i try to score i cant go far... I thinks this is one of the first games ever that really gets into my nervs.

I will pick it up again during weekend.

_rm_

Bead Banger
10 Year Member
_rm_ , 5.433.919.410, Lv.3, Blue, Jpn CPS2

Wkz99zcl.jpg

@ skate323k137
I don't think i can be much of a competition this month, i finally reached stage 3 boss and it's ludacris, i don't think i will ever see stage 4 :(

ahcmetal

Super Spy Agent
10 Year Member
I1439069800.jpg

Well, I gave it a shot and this was the best I could get...I will *never* see lvl 4...lvl 3 simply destroys me. No idea if this is good or not, but on a decent run I can get my ship level up to 3 and the gold counter up to 50,000 at the end of the first level... Still can't decide if the orange ship is the superior choice...

ahcmetal, 6,777,623,160, Lv.3, Blue, JPN CPS2

Last edited:

skate323k137

10 Year Member
It's definitely an intense (and aggravating at times) game. You gotta get in a rhythm pretty quickly at least by the 2nd stage.

If you're getting the ship to lv3 on the first stage you're doing pretty well. The stg 3 boss is evil but not as bad as it seems once you start to face him a few times and learn some of the patterns. Still, If I see stg 4 on one credit it's a good day.

You get an extend when you get the ship to lv4, which helps a lot with getting through the 3rd stage. You should be able to get that extend before you get to the 3rd boss with a little practice.

I've been playing this game for a long time (probably 6 or 7 years off and on) and I just =finally= got a full chain on the first stage for the first time in my life. I proceeded to suck for the rest of the run, but it's still an accomplishment in my book :P

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Kidpanda - 16,609,670,720 - Stage 3 - Blue - DC

Spoiler:
b302D8I.jpg

skate323k137

10 Year Member
I wanted to test my theory that the DC version scores higher. In doing this I noticed 2 things;

The DC version definitely scores higher. My average stage 1 score alone was about 3-4 times what it usually is on CPS2. To make sure it was "fair" I did all my DC runs 1 button style (no auto piercing or any other button mapping).

The DC version has a very noticeable lack of slowdown, and thus is harder to survive despite being easier to score. The score advantage is not really offset by it, but it is noticeably harder for sure. Even stage 2 felt more difficult, and stage 3 doesn't even feel like the same game. The boss fights are ridiculous. I highly recommend either PCB or MAME'ing it for sanity sake.

(Submitted with apologies to The Chinese Kid)

Skate323k137, 32.789.889.890, Lv.4, Red, DC

Spoiler:
20150810_010307_HDR-1.jpg

Last edited:

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Oh I'm coming after that score, even if I end up with a broken controller lol!

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Well, it happened. Looks like I need a new DC pad. Oh well.
At least I got this.
Kidpanda - 24,274,105,590 - Stage 3 - Blue - DC

Spoiler:
28rLYxh.jpg

Last edited:

FOMOCO&CO

Belnar Institute Student
20 Year Member
Updated, got my new sticks, need to install and back in bidnezz.

_rm_

Bead Banger
10 Year Member
_rm_ , 8.536.321.060, Lv.3, Blue, Jpn CPS2

NESmeIul.jpg

I was going crazy trying to surve the 3rd Boss and all of a sudden, my bloddy monitor just went all white for a frame or two! I replaced my crappy chassis for my lousy chassis today, picture is alright but something went wrong and cost me a good run :eek:

Maybe i can beat that sucker!

FOMOCO&CO

Belnar Institute Student
20 Year Member
I was going crazy trying to surve the 3rd Boss and all of a sudden, my bloddy monitor just went all white for a frame or two! I replaced my crappy chassis for my lousy chassis today, picture is alright but something went wrong and cost me a good run :eek:
Maybe i can beat that sucker!

Technical difficulties all over the place!

_rm_

Bead Banger
10 Year Member
My bad :O

For those guys with huge scores, what kind of score do you finish lvl 1 with ?

I get around 13x.xxx.xxx before i face the boss, never checked at the end of level,sorry.

Skate sure has a bit more.

grendelrt

Super Spy Agent
I get around 13x.xxx.xxx before i face the boss, never checked at the end of level,sorry.

Skate sure has a bit more.

Thanks, I dont think I am maximizing my score in the 1st level, I dont get super far into lvl 2 so I think I need to reflect more bullets in lvl 1. I am not very good at scoring as it is haha.