Aw yeah -- Yakuza 5 announced

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
Don't think so Ninny, the word on Sega (since the restructuring last month) is that NA and EU will be focused on releasing games for 'established franchises' like Sonic, Aliens...and 2 other forgettable ones. I love the Yakuza games (even bought the japanese versions when it looked grim for NA releases), but I think the series is done here. Apparently, Dead Souls only sold a few hundred thousand copies, so it looks grim, but I'm hoping right there with you *fingers crossed*

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
Poor ninny. Looks like its gonna be a wii u exclusive.

HeartlessNinny

Heartlessness is a virtue
Don't think so Ninny, the word on Sega (since the restructuring last month) is that NA and EU will be focused on releasing games for 'established franchises' like Sonic, Aliens...and 2 other forgettable ones. I love the Yakuza games (even bought the japanese versions when it looked grim for NA releases), but I think the series is done here. Apparently, Dead Souls only sold a few hundred thousand copies, so it looks grim, but I'm hoping right there with you *fingers crossed*

Yeah, I know.....

But we weren't supposed to get any of the games after 2 anyway. It's kind of a minor miracle we got even the truncated version of 3.

So it may be foolish, but I'll hold out hope. If all else fails I'll just import it. I'm sure someone will do a good translation.

Jedah Doma

Chroma Ma' Doma!,
I just don't get the appeal of the Yakuza series. I've really tried to get into it as I'm a huge fan of the setting, theme, and especially the Yakuza themselves. But every time I play it, it feels like a mildly better Shemnue (and that's not saying much). Besides the bloated story, the gameplay is more meh than anything.

SSS

neo retired
I just don't get the appeal of the Yakuza series. I've really tried to get into it as I'm a huge fan of the setting, theme, and especially the Yakuza themselves. But every time I play it, it feels like a mildly better Shemnue (and that's not saying much). Besides the bloated story, the gameplay is more meh than anything.

This sounds like the making of a viewerless Boomzies webisode.

Hot Chocolate

No Longer Yung, No Longer Raoul,
20 Year Member
96xLy.gif