Ayúdeme por favor. I have problem with one of my HD comp folders.

Enjaken

Cheng's Errand Boy
I have folder with content in it but upon opening the folder it has supposely 0kb and look empty. I have no way of accessing any files in general and only way I can really see any files in the folder is by knowing the name of the subfolders which will show all the contents within it upon manual typing it.

Here is what I mean...

bad folder = C:\ppt\

I have dozens of files and I see nothing but when I put C:\ppt\laraza, I can see all of contents in /laraza. I try everything to make the ppt folder files to display but no luck.

dragonwillow

Ghost of Captain Kidd
Are you able to copy/paste the folder? What happens when you do that?

td741

, NOTE: Please add 16 points to his feedback., --
The content of your folder could be hidden.

I'm not sure how you do it in windows but there is an attrib command in DOS.

I don't know how familliar you are with dos so hopefully this is dummy proof. :P

Try opening a dos prompt/window and doing the following (start->programs->accessories)... Then type the following, minus the things in parenthesis of course.
> c: (switches to the C drive incase you're not, you should though. :P)
> cd \ppt (changes directory).
> dir (this will dump everything in that directory, if it's empty then you've got the hidden attribute set so go on to the next step, if you see all of your files then that's not the issue and get back to us.)
> attrib -h *.* (removes the "h"idden attribute of all of the files and subdirectories in that directory).
> dir (see if your files show up... if so, then open the folder in windows and see if it works, if not try pressing F5 to refresh just in case, if it doesn't work then get back to us.)

Hope this helps.

Edit: (The following might depend on the version of windows you're using. Alternatively, If you go to windows explorer (err Windows Key + E) (not internet explorer), you can go to Tools->Folder Options.

In that options window under view there is a either a Hidden folders entry, if you expand that, there's a Show hidden files. You can do that as well. (Then you can apply it to all folders). There's a seperate option to hide operating system files which is okay to leave on for the most part. :P

Last edited: