B&W Games Jap Or UK?

Hi people,

A quick question as far as i know there are only 6 B& W games (listed below) are thay all available in UK / Euro versions? and have i missed any?

-KOF R1
-Samurai Spirits
-Baseball Stars
-Neo Cup 98
-Pocket Tennis
-Puzzle Link

It's odd, there is suprisingly little information about them on the web (that i can find)

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
There's other games, like some Mahjong game (not sure which one), and Melon Chan's Diary... Maybe others too, forgot, but not many more, that's for sure...

They all exist in UK version (I think, most of them at least), being more or less rare depending on the game...

Nesagwa

Beard of Zeus,
20 Year Member
B/W Game List:

King of Fighters R-1
Melan-chan's Growth Diary (Japanese Only)
NeoGeo Cup '98 Plus
Mahjong (Japanese Only)
majan_logo.gif

Whatever that says, I dont know the exact name.

Master of Syougi (Japanese Only)
Baseball Stars
Pocket Tennis
Puzzle Link (Japanese Only)
Samurai Shodown

So the UK list would be -
KOF R-1
NeoGeo Cup 98 Plus
Baseball Stars
Pocket Tennis
Samurai Shodown

Cheers, thats whta i needed to know (i had forgotten about Melon Chans groth thingy

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Nesagwa, there's more B&W UK games than that. I know there's Puzzle Link too to begin with...

K-J N.

New Challenger
NeoGeo cup 98 was released in japan only while NeoGeo cup 98 plus was asia and europe only.

The mahjong game is Dokodemo mahjong.

There is also Neo cherry master, I think it might have been a japan only release but I'm not sure (it's dual language though, it's the only game that asks you what language you want to play it in instead of checking the language settings on the ngp).

Sweater Fish Deluxe

Marked Wolf
Can anyone here confirm absolutely that Puzzle Link B&W exists? It's been noted that the color version of Puzzle Link is just called "Puzzle Link" not "Puzzle Link Color" which both argues that there was never a release of Puzzle Link B&W since then there would be two games called Puzzle Link and also could cause some confusion since people who only saw the covers might think the color version was B&W. I've never found anyone who actually owned Puzzle Link B&W or remembers it selling on SNK-USA's site during the B&W era, only people who claim to have seen it for sale on eBay or places like that, but like I said they might just have seen the color version and not realized it was color since the title doesn't specify like other color re-releases do.

Also, I've never found anyone who owns Dokodemo Mahjong B&W or even anyone who's seen it for sale anywhere. It had a page in the B&W section of SNK-Japan's site and was mentioned on their coming soon lists, but it's possible that at the last minute it was switched to a color release and no B&W version ever came out.

I mention both those games in my FAQ, but currently I tend to think that they don't exist unless someone can prove me wrong.

...word is bondage...

Last edited:
Adol seems to have the complete collection for the colour and it's in there so it's probably NOT B&W (unless there were two versions)