Back to playing...

JHendrix

Jello Pudding Pop, Y'know? Like that whole Bill C
Hey guys, been a while. :mr_t:

So I haven't touched a 2D fighter in nearly ages, just a little dabbling here and there.

I just got KOFXII, SF4, and a joystick for my 360, looking to get back into playing online.

Also, I saw that MOTW and KOF98 are available through Marketplace, but from what little I've read here it seems their netcode blows, that still true? I nabbed the trial versions, and it's annoying from the fact that I'm stuck with borders on the side of my screen because it only lets you play 4:3 with no stretch option. Is that the case in the full versions? I heard KOF98's online play was better than MOTW, just wondering who was on what game more and how easy it is to get matches.

Anyway, if you're up for some SF4 or KOFXII shoot me a message on Live my gamertag is JHendrix.

JHendrix

Jello Pudding Pop, Y'know? Like that whole Bill C
You'll have a friend request later this afternoon! I think I still have your old tag on there from ages ago.

SF4 is fine, I think I can adapt to that a lot easier than I can KOFXII, it totally feels like a different game from previous KOF's where as SF4 feels way more familiar.

Just wondering, what're your thoughts on MOTW and KOF98 online?

Professor Denim

Atro Ego
it's annoying from the fact that I'm stuck with borders on the side of my screen because it only lets you play 4:3 with no stretch option. Is that the case in the full versions? I heard KOF98's online play was better than MOTW, just wondering who was on what game more and how easy it is to get matches.

well you can force 480p in the 360 and you will get a 16:9 picture with no borders.i still rather play with border tough...
as for the lag,its definetly there but honestly i´ve been playing with some "friends" from the U.S with almost no lag...but when i search for random matches i get some shitty ones,with a lot of lag...i also have Kof98 and it might have a slighty better performnace online.
add me if you get MotW,i´ve been playing a lot lately.

Giby

Disciple Of Orochi
You'll have a friend request later this afternoon! I think I still have your old tag on there from ages ago.

SF4 is fine, I think I can adapt to that a lot easier than I can KOFXII, it totally feels like a different game from previous KOF's where as SF4 feels way more familiar.

Just wondering, what're your thoughts on MOTW and KOF98 online?

98 and Garou are crap online. I hear 98 is somewhat playable, but Garou is is unplayable 90% of the time.

MilkManX

I Love Frames!,
Hey J!

I think Garou and 98 run pretty good as long as the connection is solid. If there is a slow connection on either side Garou goes framey and 98 has some input lag. Still worthy purchases.