Big Tournament Golf: Conversion?

SuperDeadite

Zero's Tailor
I'm pretty sure this is a conversion, can anyone confirm?

HI3F0034.jpg

HI3F0035.jpg

HI3F0036.jpg

HI3F0037.jpg

SuperDeadite

Zero's Tailor
nope, original :)

Well, that makes me very happy. :) The manual is what set off my red flag. The staples are in really weird places... :spock: But I guess it could be a fake manual to replace a missing original. I'll post a pic of it soon.

how bout some hi-res pics?

Some fishy things going on at the prog board that I want take a closer look.

SuperDeadite

Zero's Tailor
Sorry for the triple post. Anyway this is the best I can do with photobucket's 1mb max images. If you want the original 3mb photos, pm me an email to send them to. I'm guessing you want to look at that burn mark on the jumper. It looks odd to me, also there is glue residue on some chip slots, but I don't know if that's normal or not. Also the manuals lower staple is way higher then I'd expect it to be. Thanks for all the help everyone.

definitely a conversion, solder on pins looks slightly uneven for machine made and there is some darkening at the surrounding areas happening due soldering heat after the epoxy protective layer is applied.

clearly some jumpers were moved around to accommodate the new game.

paper work while well done is fake as well.

Fox1

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy,
20 Year Member
Pretty damn good conversion...sorry forgot about the solder

SuperDeadite

Zero's Tailor
It came in a lot of games off Yahoo Japan. Just from the low price I paid for the lot, I was sure it couldn't be an original. But I wanted the other games too, so I took a chance on it.

caren103

King's Dry Cleaner
It came in a lot of games off Yahoo Japan. Just from the low price I paid for the lot, I was sure it couldn't be an original. But I wanted the other games too, so I took a chance on it.

This reminds me of an Ultimate 11 Jap AES which was included in a lot of low profile AES games in another bidding at Yahoo.

Only one generic picture of the lot, with no more pictures shown.

I didn't even tried to bid for it as is seemed SO strange an Ultimate 11 between the other all so common games (3-4 more games in the lot), and with no detailed pictures shown...

The bidding ended at 71.000 yens, if I don't remember wrong... a very risky gamble in my opinion, as you could be extremely luck and find an original Ultimate 11 without any major defect, or an original game with sunfade, with no manual, with heavy scratches... or most probably, a conversion without even a manual.... weird.

Anyway, it's VERY scary how well done some conversions are done.

EDIT: Even already knowing it is a conversion, if you can and want, might you post some pictures of some pages of the inside of the manual (two pages in every picture); I would like to check it against anogher BTG conversion I remember).

Last edited:

kasemase

New Challenger
wow this is a really well done conversion. What else was included in the lot that you bought? How much did you pay?

ack

Ninja Combat Warrior
15 Year Member

Out of curiosity.. On the back of the CHA board presented, would the fact that the non-used C rom locations are holes also indicate this is a conversion? I dont collect AES games, but every MVS cart I can recall looking at has the unused holes filled in with solder. It would point to those locations having had roms removed/desoldered leaving the holes.

-ack