Bill Cosby = Awesome

whisper2053

Shigen's Fitness Trainer
1013001_596858327012074_1818788898_n.jpg

They're standing on the corner and they can't speak English.
I can't even talk the way these people talk:
Why you ain't,
Where you is,
What he drive,
Where he stay,
Where he work,
Who you be...
And I blamed the kid until I heard the mother talk.
And then I heard the father talk.
Everybody knows it's important to speak English except these knuckleheads. You can't be a doctor with that kind of crap coming out of your mouth.
In fact you will never get any kind of job making a decent living.

People marched and were hit in the face with rocks to get an Education, and now we've got these knuckleheads walking around.
The lower economic people are not holding up their end in this deal.
These people are not parenting. They are buying things for kids.
$500 sneakers for what?
And they won't spend $200 for Hooked on Phonics.

I am talking about these people who cry when their son is standing there in an orange suit.
Where were you when he was 2?
Where were you when he was 12?
Where were you when he was 18 and how come you didn't know that he had a pistol?
And where is the father? Or who is his father?
People putting their clothes on backward:
Isn't that a sign of something gone wrong?
People with their hats on backward, pants down around the crack, isn't that a sign of something?

Isn't it a sign of something when she has her dress all the way up and got all type of needles [piercing] going through her body?
What part of Africa did this come from??
We are not Africans. Those people are not Africans; they don't know a thing about Africa .....

I say this all of the time. It would be like white people saying they are European-American. That is totally stupid.
I was born here, and so were my parents and grand parents and, very likely my great grandparents. I don't have any connection to Africa, no more than white Americans have to Germany , Scotland , England , Ireland , or the Netherlands . The same applies to 99 percent of all the black Americans as regards to Africa . So stop, already! ! !
With names like Shaniqua, Taliqua and Mohammed and all of that crap ......... And all of them are in jail.

Brown or black versus the Board of Education is no longer the white person's problem.
We have got to take the neighborhood back.
People used to be ashamed. Today a woman has eight children with eight different 'husbands' -- or men or whatever you call them now.
We have millionaire football players who cannot read.
We have million-dollar basketball players who can't write two paragraphs. We, as black folks have to do a better job.
Someone working at Wal-Mart with seven kids, you are hurting us.
We have to start holding each other to a higher standard..
We cannot blame the white people any longer.'

~Dr.. William Henry 'Bill' Cosby, Jr., Ed..D.

:eek:

:eek_2:

:spock:

Wow. Just...wow. I cannot think of anything more that needs to be added to this.

Earthquake24

Dodgeball Yakuza
If only he could be the true Civil Rights activist after MLK Jr. to be delivering this message that should be echoed absolutely everywhere. Instead we have the usual suspects contributing the exact opposite and destroying the Dream simply for their own selfish profits and means for themselves.

MilkManX

I Love Frames!,
Too bad Mike Judge has already show our future. Idiocracy is not just a movie it is the future. Sadly.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
No one wants to accept responsibility for their own problems. Why would someone embrace Crosby's statements? Those statements put the blame squarely on black people as a culture. Maybe non-blacks would like that.

I am not sure if society has failed black people, or if people are just so into exploiting each other that we are all failing each other. One thing am sure of is that you cannot change someone who doesn't want to change themselves. And so to take a line from Obama, if someone is willing to unclench their fist, we should have our hands out to help them up.

Cautiously, of course.

Kazuki Dash

Samurai Shodown Swordsmith
I cannot think of anything more that needs to be added to this.
Is this recent?

I am not sure if society has failed black people, or if people are just so into exploiting each other that we are all failing each other.
When I look at how lots of people in poor/mostly minority communities were forced to wait 8 or more hours to vote in places like Florida during the last election, the gerrymandering of districts to counter the minority vote, and the recent judicial decision on the Voting Rights Act, I'd say there's a conscious effort to try screwing over minorities in regards to their ability to influence the political stage. Having said that, all you have to do is walk around certain neighborhoods and wonder if some of those very same people aren't dead set on helping to keep their communities down. Embracing ignorance seems to be a conscious decision, and it certainly won't do them any favors.

Kinda reminds me of when we get one of those threads bemoaning the current trends in rap music as well.

Last edited:

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
"With names like Shaniqua, Taliqua and Mohammed and all of that crap ......... And all of them are in jail."

:kekeke:

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
He's got it right. This is worded much better than some of his previous rants.
These issues will persist as long as black culture sees street cred > college credits

I was hoping he would say something.

OF course, the quotes in the original post are old news. 9 years old.

Besides, what is wrong with naming your kid Mohamded????

Does he know how many doctors and Physicists are named Mohamed?

Last edited:

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
It's sooo easy to talk like Cosby if you're rich like Cosby.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
I did that as well but I'm not a wealthy celeb so noone gives a shit what I think about education today.

whisper2053

Shigen's Fitness Trainer
You can hate the messenger all you like, but the message remains just as relevant despite the source.

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
When I look at how lots of people in poor/mostly minority communities were forced to wait 8 or more hours to vote in places like Florida during the last election, the gerrymandering of districts to counter the minority vote, and the recent judicial decision on the Voting Rights Act, I'd say there's a conscious effort to try screwing over minorities in regards to their ability to influence the political stage.

Has no one heard of absentee voting? I haven't stepped into a voting booth in 12 years. I can vote in the comfort of my own home and mail it in. Florida, like the overwhelming majority of states, has it too.

Last edited:

MegaGraffin

Edo Express Delivery Guy
You can hate the messenger all you like, but the message remains just as relevant despite the source.

Exactly...Truth is hard to stomach...They'll call him a sellout, uncle tom...Yeah, he's rich, educated, respected, and earned everything he has..But I guess that doesn't give him street cred to a bunch of "knuckleheads."..lol..

Expecting the change to come from the outside is never going to happen, so that leaves one place left for it to start....And that's exactly what Cosby is saying here...Drop the blaming and get your shit together....But also white folks need to stop bending over backwards to accommodate their own guilty feelings...It really sends mixed messages that don't amount to anything good.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
Is this another one of those messages attributed to Bill Cosby that he didn't even write?

whisper2053

Shigen's Fitness Trainer
Is this another one of those messages attributed to Bill Cosby that he didn't even write?

To the best of my knowledge, this is in fact a Cosby original. If it is proven to in fact not be, then I'll claim it as my own. Whoever the hell said it was spot on the money.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
When I look at how lots of people in poor/mostly minority communities were forced to wait 8 or more hours to vote in places like Florida during the last election, the gerrymandering of districts to counter the minority vote, and the recent judicial decision on the Voting Rights Act, I'd say there's a conscious effort to try screwing over minorities in regards to their ability to influence the political stage. Having said that, all you have to do is walk around certain neighborhoods and wonder if some of those very same people aren't dead set on helping to keep their communities down. Embracing ignorance seems to be a conscious decision, and it certainly won't do them any favors.

Kinda reminds me of when we get one of those threads bemoaning the current trends in rap music as well.

Why not go a step further, and ask if the prison systems are set up to benefit from exploiting the criminal bend of societies, rather than rehabilitation? Why are young offenders put in the same prison with older offenders? Why are prisoners who rape other prisoners not neutralized?

We have a lot of problems but no solutions are being implemented. And when a solution is given, someone will say no solutions are being given.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
Bill cosby is a fucking ingrate who bases all his beliefs on stereotypes. There are shitty fathers in general, and he's always targeting the black community as the sole proprietor. It wouldnt matter how many improvements the 'community' as a whole makes, he'll always be bitching.