Black Candy 33

mvs001.jpg

I got a white 33 candy cab this week and it was pretty hammered. I am so happy at how my refurbish job went I thought I would post it here. This is the white cab with the blue stripes. I sanded the whole thing down and used spray paint metal primer. That is the typical way... now the painting... rustoleum just came out with metal door paint that is very thick and very durable. It is especially made for metal and dries with what can best be described as a satin hammered look. I used a small foam roller and there are absolutely no drips or uneven marks. This paint is perfect for painting metal....

mvs002.jpg

The control panel was so scratched up that I sanded it down. It had grooves from the joystick dust disk and was wearing thin from use near the buttons. I live near Andrews powder coating and I got the panel powder coated in "wet black" for $60.

mvs003.jpg

I put some chrome tape that I picked up from pep boys. It was already the perfect size for the sides of the monitor frame. Now I just need some chrome neo geo lettering to match the rest of the black and chrome style.

http://i1030.photobucket.com/albums/y363/donot4get13/mvs001.jpg

The best thing about this cab is that it came with the original Japanese chairs that had red velvet. I recovered them in faux leather and they look great.

I have some neo carts but I wanted this thing to be plug n play so I got the 138 multi cart and the jamma to mvs converter and this thing plays perfectly....

mvs004.jpg

For the life of me though I can not get the little stereo plugs to work... It sounds fine right now and the best thing about the cart is I can HIDE all of the games that I would never play and it has the best mini menu with game screens on the selections. The headphone jacks work now I just have to buy a memory card to see if it works with the multi cart. Any body got one cheap?