Black Knight Sword

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member
I know this is a bit of a cool story, bro...but....

I just wanna say I can't remember the last time I enjoyed something so much for so little money.

It's not like the game itself is anything groundbreaking...it has the underpinning of typical 90s platformer....

But the aesthetics are what hit such a nerve with me. It feels like Edgar Allan Poe, mixed with Japanese crazyness, mixed with Balkan goofiness on a game that plays like Castlevania but reminds me of Ghouls and Ghosts with it's "arcadey" feel.

I never paid much attention to stuff from Suda51/Grasshopper and now I feel ashamed for it.

For a guy who just has a PS2 and PS3 can you guys recommend anything else from them? Will definitely look into Shadows of the Damned next.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Killer 7, we have a thread about this game and yes, I wouldn't be surprised if at least some of the team at some point worked on the GNG series. Awesome game.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
Sina Mora seemed interesting when I played the demo.

Average Joe

Be water, my friend.
20 Year Member
Shadows of the Damned is amazing

i also think Lollipop Chainsaw is as well but that's not as generally agreed upon like Shadows is

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member
Killer 7, we have a thread about this game and yes, I wouldn't be surprised if at least some of the team at some point worked on the GNG series. Awesome game.

A merge may be in order then. Sorry =(

Hot Chocolate

No Longer Yung, No Longer Raoul,
20 Year Member
No More Heroes as well, sadly for the sequel you will need a wii

Sine Mora is a tripped out shump starring animals who speak in french( I believe )

NeoGeoNinja

Athena's Wardrobe Manager
For a guy who just has a PS2 and PS3 can you guys recommend anything else from them? Will definitely look into Shadows of the Damned next.
I too, eventually want to get SOTDamned for PS3, but apparently due to it not selling the PS3 version is pretty limited (I think the 360 version sold a bit better by comparison).

I think you're options mean you can play Killer 7 on PS2 (although GC version is nicer), Sine Mora for PSN (there's a demo available) and most recently, Lollipop Chainsaw - which got very mixed reviews, however it sold VERY well and can now be had very cheap, so maybe worth checking out. If in doubt, YouTube!

You might be anti-Wii (I wouldn't know?) but if you're not, you could maybe pick up a super cheap Wii with B/C GC compatibility and grab Killer 7 for it and just as importantly NMH 1 & 2 as well. FYI, NMH 2 CAN be played with a classic controller > Wii motion controls, but quite a lot of enjoyment (I find) is in murdering PPL with the wii controls.

Killer 7 is my fave GHM game to date. I'd just never really played anything like it before and it made a bit of an impression tbh...