Blast City Kick

clutch

Geese's Thug
In prep. for the new cabinet (gawd, I hope Ken doesn't disappoint), I've been researching the kick harness. First of all, I don't want to rewire much at all. I plan on using this cab for a few jamma boards and mame.

I figure I should get this to complete the control panel:
http://www.giz10p.co.uk/index.php?_a=viewProd&productId=85

I got these from Ken to help out with the wiring:
blastpin.jpg

sanpin.jpg

For the internal harness, I am going to use a small length of CAT6 cable. Does anyone know what kind of 8-pin connector I need for the coin box board and where I can get some?:

dsc02733medium.jpg

clutch

Geese's Thug
Cool beans. The jamma store was definitely the way to go. Six dollars for 2 compared to 16 dollars for the other.

mr_b

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
I grab mine from Fry's. If you have a Fry's local to you. The part is a Molex WMLX-104

clutch

Geese's Thug
I live in Tennessee! The furthest point from anything cool or useful. Including Fry's. :( Seems just about all my purchases are made online nowadays. The Blast City ships tomorrow.

shadows

Mature's Make-up Artist
There should be a little lip/nipple on the pin, thats the side that catches in the cutout slot on the connector.

clutch

Geese's Thug
Thanks Shadows. I see that the hole the pin slides into has two notches cut out that correspond to the little lip/big lip. I couldn't figure out why the pins wouldn't stay in the plug. Lol!

Hayato3D

n00b
Success. I have kick buttons. lol!

I plan on doing the same with my Blast as soon as the my connector comes in for it, last thing I really need to do to my cab.

Also, just as another guy from TN, you can also get parts like the ones you wanted from Randolph & Rice in Nashville. I ordered mine online as well; but just putting that out there.