BlazingStar & Pulstar Full Frontals

Neo Si

New Challenger
Hello all,

I was looking at the flyers on TAFA, and thought these might serve as a good basis for full frontal inserts maybe?

Blazing Star Is it possible to get rid of all the writing using PhotoShop?

Pulstar

Oh, and what about these for a Prehistoric Isle 2 full frontal? With just that funky background pattern stretched over the spine?

I will have a crack at the PI2, as that could be quite simple. But my Photoshop skills are below crap.

Cheers

Last edited:

RocketLawnChair

Dyslexic Mods FWT!, , got me 2 scalps, ,
15 Year Member
I too would love a nice high res Blazing Star cover scan. Due to the price of the AES version though, I doubt that'll be happening any time soon. :(

Yeah, I'm wanting to get a full set of full frontal inserts for my collection too.. I dunno, I just don't like the look of the traditional grey boxes. :conf: ... is this a UK thing, the penchant for full artwork cases d'you think?

I've managed to find most of what I want thanks to the designs of le_geek, neocvera and loopy_eddie .. but good full frontal versions of Pulstar and Blazing Star are still to be found.

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
Megatron-UK said:
I've managed to find most of what I want thanks to the designs of le_geek, neocvera and loopy_eddie .. but good full frontal versions of Pulstar and Blazing Star are still to be found.

Unobstructed original artwork that will mimic the originals is pretty hard to locate for these two particular inserts.I've managed to find pieces that will mimic the original inserts but this will take some time to get done.
-BB

Last edited:

E=MC2

Ass Troll,, Ignorant, , , , (Do Not Resuscitate)
wow man, that blazing star front is totally awesome, motherfuckers why didnt they release this for the cd.

Neo Si

New Challenger
The grey cases are cool, I mean anything you guys do is better than I could manage. But after looking at my Japanese MD games, all with 'full frontal' artwork and funky spine art, I think the MVS carts deserve sprucing up a bit.

As for mimicing the original art, well, I'm not too bothered. It doesn't have to be that close to the original.

It'll be a great day when every MVS cart has a choice of Classic or FF insert.

le geek

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
15 Year Member
I have plans for a full frontal Blazing Star, but it involves a shit load of photoshop touch up, so I don't know how soon I'll get to it... :loco:

Cheers,
Ben

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
I have the Blazing Star back cover down pat. I just need to figure out how to place that red planet. I try to keep the touchups I do to a minimal. The more unobstructed stuff I can find, the better..
Maybe I'll have 6-7 hundred lying around when the game (BLAZING STAR) pops up for sale :D
I have alot of stuff on tap for release....so much that i don't know where to begin..
I was thinking I may re-debut with RB2,something I won't prefer to use in illustrator..
-BB

le geek said:
I have plans for a full frontal Blazing Star, but it involves a shit load of photoshop touch up, so I don't know how soon I'll get to it... :loco:

Cheers,
Ben

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
Waking a sleeping dragon.........

blazingffplay.jpg

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
BIG BEAR said:
That's a great start.
-BB

thanks but that was the easy part. I'm not feeling the patience to cut through an image with care and precision to lay it on top of that foundation.

Untitled-1.jpg

rough cut of the concept.

Neo Si

New Challenger
That is absolute class, man. Amazing job.

Really looking forward to printing this and the Last Resort ff. Nice one guys.

pellucidity

Rugal's Thug
It's people like you that make going MVS so easy.

$30-$50 for most carts...
$7 for a Shockbox
$3 to get that soon-to-be-amazing art on your Neo shelf.

Excellent!

Neo Si

New Challenger
How's that Blazing Star coming along NeoC? My cart's in need!

I'm wondering if any of the issues of Neo Geo Freak magazine might be a good source for Pulstar artwork?

Orrimarrko

Kula's Candy
NeoCverA said:
thanks but that was the easy part. I'm not feeling the patience to cut through an image with care and precision to lay it on top of that foundation.

Untitled-1.jpg

rough cut of the concept.

What happened to this Chris?

Did you scrap it, or is it in limbo... ;)

It looks great so far, and was curious as to if it would be finished.

Steve

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
Orrimarrko said:
What happened to this Chris?

Did you scrap it, or is it in limbo... ;)

It looks great so far, and was curious as to if it would be finished.

Steve

heh, it did kinda get shuffled away into neverland but I had gotten a bit further along. Gowcaizer (forum member) re-did the title logo.

bstarffncvthumb.jpg

the source art as you all know is pretty rough, so this would be one of those "good from far but far from good" looking inserts.

Orrimarrko

Kula's Candy
NeoCverA said:
heh, it did kinda get shuffled away into neverland but I had gotten a bit further along. Gowcaizer (forum member) re-did the title logo.

bstarffncvthumb.jpg

the source art as you all know is pretty rough, so this would be one of those "good from far but far from good" looking inserts.

Looks good to me - what do you mean?

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
Orrimarrko said:
Looks good to me - what do you mean?

once you see the actual pdf and look at the artwork, you'll see what I mean. Doesn't look bad downscaled here but printed it wont look so hot.

Here's something I started for Pulstar (thanks Neo Si for the idea).
pulstarFFncvthumb.jpg

Nesagwa

Beard of Zeus,
20 Year Member
NeoCverA said:

bstarffncvthumb.jpg

Is that lensflare a cover up, part of the original, or just "cool"?

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
Nesagwa said:
Is that lensflare a cover up, part of the original, or just "cool"?

I added a lensflare to compensate for the one I cut out. The original artwork has it but I cut it out when I dropped the ships onto my background. The ships still have the lighting so it was one of those things I had to do in order for it to blend.

Last edited:

Nesagwa

Beard of Zeus,
20 Year Member
NeoCverA said:
I added a lensflare to compensate for the one I cut out. The original artwork has it but I cut it out when I dropped the ships onto my background but the ships still have the lighting from it.

Ah.

It is a little overbearing on the artwork if you ask me.

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
Nesagwa said:
Ah.

It is a little overbearing on the artwork if you ask me.

yeah it is a bit bright, good thing thats something that can be adjusted.