Bored of my Crazy Taxi Upright, convert it?!?

childsremix

Overtop Pathfinder
I have a Crazy Taxi Upright in a Net City cabinet that hasn't gotten any attention from me in the last 4 months. I've gone as far as moving it out of my house and into the garage. I planned on converting it to play other Naomi games but after searching the web it seems it'll be a pain to acquire a control panel etc. Is there any other naomi driving game I can buy that I can play? Should I go ahead and just try and convert it to play other Naomi games like MvsC2 or powerstone. I'm seriously considering selling it but I have no idea how much to ask and I'd rather not be one arcade machine short. Ideas??

Dion

Known Scammer, NeoGeoFreak Co-Founder
Offer it up for trade. You can get good value with that cab in a trade.

Don't convert it unless you can easily convert it back. Just my opinion.

N80G80

Igniz's Servent
I had plans to convert a driving Naomi into a New Net City. I have all the parts to do so if youd be interested in them....They werent cheap, but I havent done anything with them.....shoot me a pm if your interested.

Warpedflash

Crazed MVS Addict
I love crazy taxi it would be sad to see another one go. if you do convert it have the grace to do it nicely :D

lions3

Igniz's Servent
Personally, I would just sell it on KLOV and use the cash to get another naomi cab with a more generic CP .

childsremix

Overtop Pathfinder
I had plans to convert a driving Naomi into a New Net City. I have all the parts to do so if youd be interested in them....They werent cheap, but I havent done anything with them.....shoot me a pm if your interested.

What parts do you have exactly? Cp, monitor bezel, shorter legs too by chance? More importantly are you located in Cali?

Personally, I would just sell it on KLOV and use the cash to get another naomi cab with a more generic CP .

I thought of posting it on Klov but candy cabs rarely get there worth there. Though I wouldn't mind trading it for a dedicated MK/KI + money/something.

N80G80

Igniz's Servent
What parts do you have exactly? Cp, monitor bezel, shorter legs too by chance? More importantly are you located in Cali?

Im in MD.

I have Control Panel Upper, Control Panel Lower, Full Original Marquee, NNC CP, JVS-Jamma adapter, New Net City Art (Leg art, instruction space, coin area, monitor decal) Basically everything youd need to turn it into a Jap spec New Net City cab. I even have the coin mech that goes inside the CP, as well as the klingon pcb.

childsremix

Overtop Pathfinder
For those curious I've decided to go ahead and sell it, I haven't posted it for sale yet but hope to in a few days. Also if your in Norcal I'd be interested in trading it for another NAC.

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
Im thinking of picking one up. How much did you end up selling it for?

childsremix

Overtop Pathfinder
I actually still have it. I've just been so busy lately with my other machines (mainly my Taito flying high japan) that I haven't bothered to put it up for sale yet.

Adderall

Leona's Therapist
I actually still have it. I've just been so busy lately with my other machines (mainly my Taito flying high japan) that I haven't bothered to put it up for sale yet.

ha! you have the airliner landing game???! one of those came through the milwaukee auctions twice in one year... pretty crazy game.

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
How much did you pay for it? How much do you think it worth?

childsremix

Overtop Pathfinder
Yep that landing game! I work in the aviation field so I get a kick out of it allot more then most people do.
I traded for my crazy taxi sometime ago. As far as it's worth I have two main issues with it. The door directly below the speaker is missing and I can't find it for the life of me. Second issue is there are some letters someone tried to etch in the monitor as well as burn in. The etching isn't noticeable when the game is on and the burn isn't an too visible either since it's just the insert coin message that's burnt in. In it's present condition I'd probably ask $500-$600 depending if I can find that damn door. I did make a metal door cover for it and it fits perfectly but it's not original and that upsets me.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
You could always put in another console.

Dreamcast, Xbox, PS3 or 360 would be great in a driving cab.

Last edited: