BOTM October: Cadillacs & Dinosaurs

codecrank

Whip's Subordinate
10 Year Member
yup. the big dude right ?
somehow he ended up in the top right corner, against the railing. all I had to do is tap the button . as soon as he'd get up he'd start taking a beating. till death.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
yup. the big dude right ?
somehow he ended up in the top right corner, against the railing. all I had to do is tap the button . as soon as he'd get up he'd start taking a beating. till death.

If you're lined up on Slice's plane, he usually does wake up boomerangs if you're using a standard chain combo or throw-ender combo enough.

Consider yourself lucky.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
cadillacs3.jpg

andsuchisdeath - 2,373,500 - 8 - Mustapha

My run ended at the final boss's final form.

Can't stop. Won't stop.

Tyranix95

Chang's Grocer
Still stuck at Slice.

Almost beat him this time. :lolz:

The Butcher is getting easier.

Just noticed this was the BOTM, been interested in learning a bit more about it for a while. Only spent about an hour or so on it tonight but progress!
0000.png
MURPHAGATOR! - 1021800 - Stage 5 - Mustapha

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
cadillacsfinalscore.jpg

andsuchisdeath - 2,342,600 - ALL - Mustapha

I got the All, but the score is lower than the previous one I submitted.

I'd like to retract my old high score and submit my score for the All.

An all clear still shows up as an 8-R in the score table. One can easily confirm this through many of the C&D 1cc videos out there.

allclear.jpg

Last edited:

codecrank

Whip's Subordinate
10 Year Member
andsuchisdeath - 2,342,600 - ALL - Mustapha

Damn what took you so long ? ;)

congrats on another 1CC ! I started with mustapha , maybe I should give him another chance.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Damn what took you so long ? ;)

congrats on another 1CC ! I started with mustapha , maybe I should give him another chance.

Thanks. I honestly expected it to take longer.

Mustapha is definitely the easiest character to use in the game. Once you get the hang of the range and timing of his drop kick, it becomes pretty easy to dominate crowds.

However, I found the stage 5 and 6 bosses to be the trickiest. Well placed drop kicks work, but simultaneously dealing with the cronies is tough.

Slice is easy if you drop kick all day on a plane slightly below the bottom-most line. Having a fully loaded uzi on you is good if you screw up.

I really don't think the Slisaurs on stage 7 are that bad either. The rest simply comes with the basic memorization of enemy placement and behavior.

codecrank

Whip's Subordinate
10 Year Member
damn, I now realize how lucky I got on slice... + 2 weeks of no play = I can't even make it to him without losing a life... fuck mustapha, I'm back to the goon

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
fuck mustapha, I'm back to the goon

Mess looks like some guy in the 1950's who you'd keep around just so you could bribe him into breaking someones legs for a lollipop.

He's technically the best character, he just demands more skill to use.

With the exception of Slice and the Slisaurs, Mess can dominate the bosses with throw ender combos. The throw ender plants the enemy right in front of you, so they're in the perfect proximity to take the combo again and again. You have plenty of invincibility with the throw, recovery is quick, and the damage is second to none. He's the man when it comes to controlling where you want a boss to be while you're kicking his ass.

Unfortunately, it's really hard IMO to fight Slice/Slisaurs with him, because you need to do a lot of dancing around into grabs. The combos don't really work well against them. Mustapha on the other hand…drop kick X infinity takes care of them.

Last edited:

Tyranix95

Chang's Grocer
Messed around some more.

Almost killed Slice.

Forget the Uzi: Rifle is the best weapon against him.

And seems slamming people into him helps too.