Burnout 3 Price Reduction @ Target

chimpmeister

Former Moderator
Down to $19.99 for both the XBox and PS2 versions. Nice price for a great arcade-style racing game! :D

TonK

Least Valuable Player
chimpmeister said:
Down to $19.99 for both the XBox and PS2 versions. Nice price for a great arcade-style racing game! :D

Downloaded it months ago ;)

Honestly, thats worth every penny.

RGP

Tesse's Maintainence Man
The games from England, so buy it :D

Loopz

Formerly Punjab,
TonK said:
?

Sarcasm?

:spock:

No, absolutely not.

Burnout 3 is a racing game on rails with shitty rubber-band AI.
It's gorgeous at first, sucks you in with a nice sense of speed, but beyond this, there's very little joy to be had. The 'OMFG! Matrix crashes!' factor gets super old really fast. Not to mention the shitacular New Found Glorious FM tuneage.

OutRun 2 is pure classic Sega racing love, sickeningly deep powersliding joy.

chimpmeister

Former Moderator
Loopz said:
No, absolutely not.

Burnout 3 is a racing game on rails with shitty rubber-band AI.
It's gorgeous at first, sucks you in with a nice sense of speed, but beyond this, there's very little joy to be had. The 'OMFG! Matrix crashes!' factor gets super old really fast. Not to mention the shitacular New Found Glorious FM tuneage.

OutRun 2 is pure classic Sega racing love, sickeningly deep powersliding joy.

No doubt Outrun 2 is a fantastic arcade racer, one of my favorites. What I don't like about it though is the ridiculous time clock that runs out unless you hit every corner almost perfectly . . . the further you get into a circuit. I'd rather work against competitors (AI ones) than a stupid clock that is more and more unforgiving the further you get in. Having said that, its still a fantastic arcade racer and many of the other modes really add a lot of variety.

Burnout 3 has given me many many hours of arcade racing fun, I disagree with you about its flaws. The racing is fun, super fast, looks great, and the added elements of rage with takedowns and super aggressive driving is fantastic. Some of the music cuts go perfectly with the action too, like "Heart full of Black" and "Animal". Overall I still love Burnout 3 and feel it is one of the best console arcade racing games out there, a total blast to play . . .