Buying Neo Geo games in Japan!

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Yep, some of those wanted price are well over ebay level. They give you 150,000 Yen for Sengoku Denshou 2001? I wonder at what price they will try to sell it (with emphasis on try) :scratch:

Well, Matrimelee is bought at 60k and the price of one in the pic is 86.800 -- so, my guess is at least between 30-35% on top of the wanted price, which means between 195,000 and 202,500 for Sengoku 2001. Again, quite fair, if my assumption is true. Recent yahoo auction was about 238,000.

xorthen

Banned
I guess there's nobody to blame for the prices except the people who pay the prices that people are asking for them. If people would just hold back on their wallets the prices wouldn't have gone up so fast, but since there are so many collectors who don't circulate their copies the prices go up. Shit sucks but it is what it is.

suicidekiller

Host for Orochi,
Well, Matrimelee is bought at 60k and the price of one in the pic is 86.800 -- so, my guess is at least between 30-35% on top of the wanted price, which means between 195,000 and 202,500 for Sengoku 2001. Again, quite fair, if my assumption is true. Recent yahoo auction was about 238,000.

Holy... is it really that expensive already? I paid like 600 for it half a year ago (US version though). Guess we should start selling back some copies we illegaly imported to silence our conscience... after all they were meant to be "For Japan only" ;)

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Guess we should start selling back some copies we illegaly imported to silence our conscience... after all they were meant to be "For Japan only" ;)

We can as well switch the region on our modded console, thus pacify our conscience and just deny ourselves those drugs. Winners don't do them... or so I heard.

cr8zykuban0

Igniz's Servent
wow, those prices are no joke! it does suck that prices are skyrocking quickly in japan but i might as well try to get some titles i need before they reach the thousands

vincewy

Loyal Neo-Disciple,
20 Year Member
I am returning to Tokyo in November and hope to get some MVS games (I don't mind higher prices but just so high like what online sellers ask for). Anyone can recommend MVS shop in Metro Tokyo area? I will be getting Metro Pass during my stay.

I already know places around Akihabara like MAK Japan, etc. I would prefer places outside those tourist traps.

Last edited: