Calling all WE and PES fans!! Which is your favorite and why?

Argentina94

Slug Flyer Pilot
20 Year Member
Doubtless SuperFamiFreak will chime in with the usual JL Winning Eleven 10 Club Championship and I admit that it's an excellent game, easily my second favorite.

Why isn't it my favorite? No national squads. Growing up in Canada, I've never developed an affinity for any club team at all, but the World Cup was a different story. Only the Leafs in the playoffs could make me destroy furniture, cry like John Terry or lose my voice for three days after a Maxi Rodriguez volley over Osvaldo Sanchez in extra time.

I LOVE national tournaments, even the recent olympics (ahhhh, nothing like vengeance against Brazil) got my blood stirring.

That being said, my fave has always been WE8 or PES4. Whenever we get together for a tournament, it's always the version of choice (XBOX actually) with it's fast and exciting gameplay. WE9 was too slow and PES6 has horrible AI (not sure if this was corrected in WE2007). Of course, the goalkeepers seem a little too stupid sometimes, watching balls go past them when they misjudge that it will go wide but seem far too good on PES5.

The current gen versions look nice but are much too slow and the AI doesn't help either. Also, none seem to play like the PS2 or XBOX versions.

WE10 on PS2 seemed very good, it seemed sped up over WE9/PES5 but the PS2 look threw me off with the jagged graphics and terrible looking replays.

So, I'm stuck on a 4 year old game that also LOOKS like a 4 year old game (PC versions look so beautiful, especially PES4 with the Wolf FM2005 Patch)

Anyone?

BTW, if anyone has a link to some older WE8/PES4 save files with updated kits or can point me in the direction of how to do them myself without using the awful in-game editor, I'd surely appreciate it. An XBOX patch would be ideal but I found nothing. I'm already a member of PESgaming and PESFan: LeafsFan22. Foundnothing on those sites.