Cam locks for Big red mvs?

MoriyaMinakata

Stakes Winner 2
15 Year Member
Does anyone know which size locks I am looking for to replace the coin door and coin box locks on a big red cab?

Metal Slugnuts

Faggotier
Yeah, just size it out and go to Home Depot, they'll have anything you'd need. That's how I got mine for my cab (which is a conversion and probably a different size cam).

MoriyaMinakata

Stakes Winner 2
15 Year Member
I was hoping someone knew the length I needed.
I am not exactly sure where to measure from.

Metal Slugnuts

Faggotier
Yeah I couldn't really help you with that.

Mine has a removable back panel with the cam at the top...I just measured the thickness of the panel and went to teh Depots.

I don't know what the dimensions/cam locations are on a Big Red...I'm usually focused on the screen. :tickled:

MoriyaMinakata

Stakes Winner 2
15 Year Member
I guess I can try and figure it out.
If anything, I am sure I can return them and get bigger/smaller ones as necessary.

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
Most standard arcade size locks are 7/8". That's what I use for the majority of my arcade coin doors and coin boxes. You can use a 5/8" lock however you'll have to have a angled or bent cam to accomodate the smaller size.

unforgiving_syntax

But I'll forgive your syntax, baby., ,
I just picked up locks for the coin doors and marquee. They had two sizes at my Home depot and I ended up using the short size for the coin door and the long size for the marquee. I'm going to have to do some custom bending on the cam to get the marquee cam tight. When I'm home I'll look at the packages and let you know.

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
I used the home depot locks on my big red..the only problem I had was that the lock would not fit through the hole in the coin door at the flat parts(crazy) so I had to file a tiny bit of metal off the coin door holes flat parts to make them fit.

unforgiving_syntax

But I'll forgive your syntax, baby., ,
The two types of cam locks that I picked up were as follows:

Coin Door (x2):
Type for 9/16" Thick Panels
Model #: U-9943
Price: $4.92

Marquee (x1):
Type for 13/16" Thick Panels
Model #: U-9945
Price: $5.47

Like I said, the coin door locks worked perfectly, The marquee lock needs a bit of work to the cam to get it tight, but it works pretty well without modification.

Hope that helps!