Can a jamma pcb work on a MVS 4 slot?

lidiaandmichael

Crazed MVS Addict
Hi everyone and I apologize for this noob question. I have always wanted to play
Tatsujin Oh (which is a jamma PCB) but I have a 4 slot MVS cabinet. I can buy the game but what adapter(s) will I need to get it to work on my cabinet. If there are any adapters is it easy to do ? Thanks :loco:

dark penguin

Mai's Tabloid Photographer
lidiaandmichael said:
Hi everyone and I apologize for this noob question. I have always wanted to play
Tatsujin Oh (which is a jamma PCB) but I have a 4 slot MVS cabinet. I can buy the game but what adapter(s) will I need to get it to work on my cabinet. If there are any adapters is it easy to do ? Thanks :loco:

Some regular jamma games will work in a 4-slot. I believe it all comes down to the what power that specific board needs to draw. I had a Final Fight PCB plugged into my 4-slot for the longest time with no issues.

There are several threads about this issue already in the tech section, but basically if the jamma board needs -5v(check the board's schematic) it will likely not work properly.

Not sure about Tatsujin Oh...look up the schematic online and check. Also, that's a vertical game, so you'd have to rotate your monitor. Which I never tried with my 4-slot, but if you have an American cab, it may be a bitch to do that.

billd420

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
10 Year Member
Tatsujin Oh is a Verticle monitor orientation game. The video will be rotated 90 degrees on your neo geo machine.

zapatistab

Athena's Wardrobe Manager
If you have the time...you can make your own adapters.

www.jammaboards.com

This pic is just an example. You will actually need a 56 pin connector not 22.
IREM_2_JAMMA_JB-3_488x199_(2).jpg

Last edited:

lidiaandmichael

Crazed MVS Addict
Does anyone have a 52 pin connector that they are selling?

Also Tatsujin would play as a side scroller versus the vertical game it would be on a jamma cabinet?

Would it just be better to find a cheap jamma cabinet? If so where is a good place to get one?
I live in Illinois so any ideas would help.:eek_2:

ttooddddyy

PNG FTW,
lidiaandmichael said:
Does anyone have a 52 pin connector that they are selling?

For jamma/mvs you need 56 pins (some are not used in the key way)
http://www.mikesarcade.com/cgi-bin/store.pl?sku=CEC56

Also Tatsujin would play as a side scroller versus the vertical game it would be on a jamma cabinet?

it would play from right to left (or vica versa) instead of bottom to top.
Which is pretty much useless.

Would it just be better to find a cheap jamma cabinet? If so where is a good place to get one?
I live in Illinois so any ideas would help.:eek_2:

It would be easier to wire the speaker up as described and rotate the CRT.

Last edited: