Can anyone identify what kind of cabinet this is?

SMMM

Rugal's Thug
2zxoagy.jpg

I feel like I should know what it is, but I'm drawing a blank. Anyone know the story behind it?

Also, completely unrelated question, but I don't want to make 2 threads. What is a "Sample Version" of a CPS2 game? Are there any differences between a Sample Version and the normal version of a game?

Last edited:

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
those cabs were in all of the putt putts i used to frequent back in the day, definitely a generic JAMMA cab.

SMMM

Rugal's Thug
Looks like it has stereo sound, so I figured it was something special.

DJ Long Cat

Armored Scrum Object
Those hurt a lot to play on. I played MVC2 on one of those cabinets at a Tilt in SEMO and by stage 5-6, I felt like my hands were ready to break off.

It depends on what day the game was compiled and burned onto a board for the sample version of any CPS2 game to be different. The sample versions of Jojo and SFA3U aren't any different than the main versions (but they are CPS3/Naomi respectively). Which game did you find that has the sample version enabled?

Last edited:

SMMM

Rugal's Thug

Thanks! You rock. Going to have to bookmark that page.

Those hurt a lot to play on. I played MVC2 on one of those cabinets at a Tilt in SEMO and by stage 5-6, I felt like my hands were ready to break off.

It depends on what day the game was compiled and burned onto a board for the sample version of any CPS2 game to be different. The sample versions of Jojo and SFA3U aren't any different than the main versions (but they are CPS3/Naomi respectively). Which game did you find that has the sample version enabled?

Mega Man: The Power Battle for CPS2. Also, what about it made it hard to play on?