Can anyone tell what this Neo Geo banner is without opening it up?

Cylotron

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪
15 Year Member
Part of me is torn about leaving this thing sealed for preservation/collecting purposes or if I want to just open it up and put it up on the wall. I am curious at least if anyone has one and/or knows what the banner even is? - If you can tell from this pic anyway:
IMG_0068.jpg

sr20det510

Whip's Subordinate
That is a Neo Geo rental banner. I don't think it is old school though. The original was made of cotton or a thin material, they would come up for sale once in a while on Yahoo Auction.

Someone here, rcantor77, use to sell copies. His where on a thick vinyl and single sided.

The OG was on a thin material and double-sided I believe. Here is a link to a thread with a pic og the OG banner.

Thread 'WTB: Neo Geo Rental Store Flag/Banner' http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/index.php?threads/wtb-neo-geo-rental-store-flag-banner.226796/

I framed my reproduction. I will find a picture and post it or snap a new pic.

sr20det510

Whip's Subordinate
BTW, the image is now on the web so you can access the file and order whatever you want with the image.

The Chief

U.N. Apologist,
20 Year Member
I agree this doesn’t look like an original. Why don’t you open it up and show us what it looks like?

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
I have one. It's a pic of Mai sitting on the toilet playing a NGPC. Open it up it's hot!
Tell the truth, it’s Terry Bogard on the toilet.

Whatever you do keep it sealed.

Seriously I got a vinyl one on eBay around 2020, it’s a reproduction, enjoy it.

Cylotron

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪
15 Year Member
I bought a CRT off of someone recently. He had a Neo 1-slot MVS sitting on the floor and we got into talking about Neo stuff. He ended up giving this thing to me stating he had it laying around "for years" and figured he'd give it to me since I'm a Neo fan. If I ever get a proper gaming room setup, I'll most likely open it and hang it somewhere. thanks!

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
He ended up giving this thing to me stating he had it laying around "for years" and figured he'd give it to me since I'm a Neo fan.
Sounds like he knew it was worthless trash and knew a rube when he saw one. Here my little rubbish bin have a treat.

sr20det510

Whip's Subordinate
Here is another thread regarding the rental flag.
This one has responses from, Neoturfmasta, who ends up posting the images that were eventually used to make the digital file.

Additionally, here is the like link to the files neoturfmasta posted.