Can I use my wired Xbox 360 controller to play games on my pc?

Arthas

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
15 Year Member
Like MAME, Zsnes, etc? I know I could proly find this on google but I'm sure someone can lend me a hand much faster here. Any help is appreciated, thanks

BigTinz

VT's Bitch , You can fuck this mouth for a fruit c
Of course! It's usb so just plug it in. I use mine all the time.

You don't need them, but there are even drivers on M$'s website. Mame should recognized the controller with no probs(you still need to edit the controls within the mame game). If there's a snag you can use a remapping program like xpadder.

StealthLurker

Naomi Yamazaki's Wingman
You can use wireless 360 pads if you have the MS wireless receiver ($10-20). Turns your PC hooked up to a HDTV into a beefy "next gen" console.

subcons

I take no official position on the issue.,
I just bought a reciever from Amazon and got the shipping notice over the weekend. I saw it was coming via Hong Kong post and started looking around. It's fucking knock-off shit. Kind of pissed about that. See how it works when I get it. Apparently though, you can't just get a stand alone reciever any more. You need to shell out $50+ for a controller/reciever combo.

StealthLurker

Naomi Yamazaki's Wingman
I just bought a reciever from Amazon and got the shipping notice over the weekend. I saw it was coming via Hong Kong post and started looking around. It's fucking knock-off shit. Kind of pissed about that. See how it works when I get it. Apparently though, you can't just get a stand alone reciever any more. You need to shell out $50+ for a controller/reciever combo.

The knock-offs work fine. I've got a couple of them.

BigTinz

VT's Bitch , You can fuck this mouth for a fruit c