Can movie posters be classified as media mail?

Dio Brando

Mickey's Coach
As someone who works at a theater, I get access to plenty of posters and would love to have them up for grabs here. However, I cannot find a straight answer as to whether or not they qualify to be sent as media mail. Any knowledge on the matter would greatly be appreciated.

SetaSouji??

There Can be Only One
It cannot. It's against the law to send anything thru media mail that is an advertisement which is what a movie poster technically is. You could send it by claiming it's an educational chart, but if you get caught not fun things will happen to you :|

Dio Brando

Mickey's Coach
That's what I was afraid of. Maybe I could explain it's educational by arguing the posters show the evolution of visuals and techniques film companies use to strike interest in their productions :D. Thanks for the response, dude.

Recently they've been pulling open any MM boxes a seller ships to me and upgrading them to priority if they have games inside. They then forward the shipping difference to me (like $5), or give me the option to refuse and return to sender.

I specify that I don't want things shipped to me as MM anymore.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
Media Mail is books only, so the only thing they'd consider is strategy guides gaming-wise.

Fritz

Annex Florida Coalition, Goodwill Ambassador,
15 Year Member
Recently they've been pulling open any MM boxes a seller ships to me and upgrading them to priority if they have games inside. They then forward the shipping difference to me (like $5), or give me the option to refuse and return to sender.

I specify that I don't want things shipped to me as MM anymore.

Have they opened any smaller boxes, like under a pound? I wonder if they ignore stuff under a certain size, etc a small box with 14 oz of games.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
I've had a joystick shipped to me as MM and had to pay the difference in postage to receive it. The funny thing is that, due to its odd shape there is no way it could fool anybody even if the package was never opened for inspection.

Josh

Banned
I've sent posters via Media Mail many times. No problems ever.

jatink129

n00b
want some posters.

As someone who works at a theater, I get access to plenty of posters and would love to have them up for grabs here. However, I cannot find a straight answer as to whether or not they qualify to be sent as media mail. Any knowledge on the matter would greatly be appreciated.

Hi!
I came across this thread while searching for people selling posters on the internet...

I'd be willing to pay for shipping. Could you find me a couple of posters?

Fritz

Annex Florida Coalition, Goodwill Ambassador,
15 Year Member
Hi!
I came across this thread while searching for people selling posters on the internet...

I'd be willing to pay for shipping. Could you find me a couple of posters?

He meant offer them up for grabs to active members of the forum, not random internet vagabonds that stumble upon the thread.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
First class mail might be cheaper. Usually any time I have asked for media mail, the po clerk shows me a cheaper price on first class.

jatink129

n00b
He meant offer them up for grabs to active members of the forum, not random internet vagabonds that stumble upon the thread.

internet vagabond... That's a first.

why are you answering for him? or are you intentionally trying to be impolite?

jatink129

n00b
yes. seriously. I collect posters. I buy them at tag sales. I try and get some when the theaters are throwing them out. And I saw this thread and thought maybe he would be interested in selling them to me.

But apparently this seems to be forbidden (Judging from your reactions).

So, Moderator can you please delete my account and these posts?

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Media Mail is books only, so the only thing they'd consider is strategy guides gaming-wise.

And CD's/Cassettes.

First class mail might be cheaper. Usually any time I have asked for media mail, the po clerk shows me a cheaper price on first class.

Yeah, Media Mail does best in the upper weight/size ranges. For something smaller, you might be better off first class.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
yes. seriously. I collect posters. I buy them at tag sales. I try and get some when the theaters are throwing them out. And I saw this thread and thought maybe he would be interested in selling them to me.

But apparently this seems to be forbidden (Judging from your reactions).

So, Moderator can you please delete my account and these posts?

i think the issue is that this was a discussion on poster shipping. not a sales thread. if you are looking for a poster to buy i would look in the marketplace. If you are interested, I believe there is a super rare MOTW poster available for an undisclosed sum around here somewhere.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Reading comprehension is clearly at an all time low among noobs.

Zero Satori

Jaguar Ninja
Reading comprehension is clearly at an all time low among noobs.
I'm just getting tired of people signing-up to "get stuff" and not even having the decency to fake a desire to use the forums for anything else.

What? You don't approve of me joining a video game forum just to ask how to get posters? Well then; just delete my posts, 'kay?

Last edited:

SetaSouji??

There Can be Only One
Here's what we need to do, all new users can only post here:

http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?47-Welcome-to-teh-Drama!

here:

http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?14-Tech-Support

and here:

http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?16-The-War-Room

after a user has accumulated at least 10 not shitty posts, they get access to everything BUT the marketplace.

Marketplace unlocks to be viewed at 100 posts. Yeah. The new rush of brain dead dumbasses should punish all other potentially brain dead dumbasses. Also, if a member doesn't make it to the 10 posts without being dumb, they're automatically IP banished to the warroom.

The version of vBulletin NG.com uses supports this as a feature.

Last edited:

Dio Brando

Mickey's Coach
Well, this is a surprise!

jatink129, I had intended the posters to be available to regular members. I appreciate your efforts, but please spend some time on the forums before trying to do business here. Thank you for your understanding, dude.

I could of sworn the prices for shipping poster tubes was ridiculous, due to their length. I did a estimate on the dimensions just now, however, and it was only about $6.30 for priority shipping, $5.70 for parcel. If this is something people would actually be interested in and are willing to cover the shipping, I would be more than happy to send posters out to members.