Can someone tell me if the label on this Zed Blade is fake?

Skykid

n00b
The PCB inside is 100% real, and has 076 marked on all the chips. But the label looks fake. Can anyone confirm if it is fake or a variant for me, and how much a ZB cart would be worth if the label was fake but the PCB is original?

Really appreciate the help!

P1205425.jpg

P1205423.jpg

TLH

Zero's Secretary
I have Zed in a kit. Your label doesn't look like mine. The MVS and SNK detail should be at each end of the label. That said, I don't know if SNK made another type of label or not. You can always compare your cart to the pics in cart pics section of the forum too. (-: ZB with a fake label still worth about $55 I would think...tlh

Last edited:

TLH

Zero's Secretary
Also, I just noticed that your label is missing serial numbers. That tells me that its probably not authentic. The cart should have serial numbers on the label that match the box that it originally came with...tlh

Skykid

n00b
So how much do you reckon I should be paying for this real cart fake label setup? Is the general consensus at $55?

Thanks for all the help!

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Looks like those "SNK" and "MVS" are stickers are covering the serials.

The prog board is legit. Lets see the cha board.

Hewitson

Metal Slug Mechanic
Its not going to have one legit and one fake board.

Do a really high quality replacement label. Who'll know? ;)

Last edited:

Opethian

Basara's Blade Keeper
10 Year Member
Hey nice site Xian Xi. Is there one for AES carts??

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Hey nice site Xian Xi. Is there one for AES carts??

That's ack's site. I love it. As for AES there is none since it's so complicated as it would only help if people opened the AES cart since labels can be reproduced and the carts are usually a high dollar amount.

Skykid

n00b
Okay, thanks for all the help there guys. I'm going to go for it seeing at the PCB is legit. I was curious about pricing really, but he's not asking too much more than $55 and I really just want to play the damn game! :)

Thanks again!

TLH

Zero's Secretary
If I bought that cart, I might score one of the really nice color aftermarket labels from Southtown Homebrew. Might also stick the cart in a shockbox with a stellar insert around it. Just food for though...(-: tlh

Skykid

n00b
If I bought that cart, I might score one of the really nice color aftermarket labels from Southtown Homebrew. Might also stick the cart in a shockbox with a stellar insert around it. Just food for though...(-: tlh

The deal went through for 45 euros, which includes shipping to me in the UK, and a shockbox with insert, original mini marquee and copied other arts.

I think it's a good deal right?

eathis

Tarma's Gun Polisher
Sure that's a good deal the less I've found for that game is 55 euros shipping included in loose (nothing but the cart, no artsets, no shockbox).

I you don't buy I will ;)

TLH

Zero's Secretary
Great Deal, the shockboxes are getting hard to find. I am assuming its one of BB's shockboxes however. tlh