can we have something called the 'arcade times' with news for the month stickied?

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
the idea would be a thread sickied for the month where bits of info on arcade news would be put up, after which it would be unstickied and allowed to 'float' and another volume would superceed it. obviously it would amount to little more than copy/pasting from other sites. but it would be easier to browse no? first post would be a glossary which would continually be updated indicating specific posts with news items. it would read like a semi-online magazine? I don't know if its doable... but it would save rotate through the usual sources all the time for info.

anyway:

New G.Rev shooter: http://osaka.cool.ne.jp/gertack/underdifeet.jpg
it looks strikingly like Zero Gunner 2 which I lurve.

also: GGXX #Reload is having a beta test:
http://www.horae.dti.ne.jp/~ky-naka/

bablefished (so it is jibberish for the most part..):
ギルティギア XX new version GGXX & リロード/(slash) the location test is held, at Ikebukuro ギーゴ. Temporarily if you express in one word, "マ イ ナ ー チ ェ ンシ ゙ edition of the # リ ロ" is. (Oak and others which to some extent new work is not put out gradually......) Because the main modification point was inspected suitably, it enumerates below. ("アバ" already 1 キ ャ ラ (with version of this day only use failure silhouette) addition perhaps being the picture of the poster and something where the silhouette is approximate it has also part of guess being, please note) * as entire modification point new キャラ, it is thought that "saintly horseman group ver sol" is. アバステージ addition (laboratory where アバ stays) knock back rise and the knock back at the time of especially FD are enormous entirely new as a stage. Bursting modification of design of gauge and WIN mark. Picture び キャラ deletion after the top. It has become face グラ of キャラ. Whether throwing training FD has stopped impossible? (Priority of throwing and FD it changed?) * With influence of キャラ modification point sol above-mentioned knock back D loop 1 loop limit. During dragon installing tension gauge automatic recovery (at the time of XX ロケテ one time アレ which is it is, the) カイ terrestrial stun edge with S low-speed edition, with HS became high-speed edition. Attendant upon that, the charge edge in 236D command modification. Aerial charge stun edge (sky 236D) addition. (In true lower direction acute angle about 30 degrees) HS ヴェイパー almost does not move angle which it flies to cross direction. (Whether passive impossible time decrease?) Tip/chip aerial provocation (236K) addition. Eddy ま わ - G balance growth decrease of る. Whether the decision strengthening of JK? While floating usually aerial guard failure, only FD verification. While floating whether all suffering counters? ディズィー light to parabola of upper part direction modification. When the story partner appeals ディズィー the damage, it became the way which disappears. Accelerator foot occurrence of payment became slow. The reach of J6P extended. Speed decrease of terrestrial dash. Whether stiffness time decrease of 羅 bell rotation? Faust aerial necessary shooting with skill piercing addition under the injector. The く び び - is the direction where the neck extends under tilt. Whether attack decision reduction of bomb? (There are no 2 step jumps with it exceeds ball formation addition with) ヴェノム D button. The angle which repels the ball somewhat with many skill change. When the due bis curve is made to hit, it became the way where the earth smoke appears in the time of the carcass ride where thunder attribute is attached to the ball which is formed (HIT several increases). ザッパ sword 憑 the bending/discouraging HS where at the time of depending additional attack after this body skill additional plum 喧 カバリ had become 2 times (total 3HIT) when hitting & when guarding became the way which is pulled foreward. Modification to the skill to which ミリア JHS turns the hair at the aerial that place. It becomes the way which is thrown to the position where the terrestrial throwing is high rather after HS passive possibility (chase failure the) スレイヤー step lower position beating skill addition. * Because the information which can be verified temporarily with present condition flesh fell is to the coconut, * * from my information makes to the coconut. * * The one ゴメンナサイ _ of the キャラ errand which has not been recorded here | HBAR | 0 seeing れ it was not, it is. * Information cooperation: Certain snack person (appreciation)

courtesy of mmcafe.com

there is is alot more stuff this month but this is most recent.. if the idea was taken up it would be a question of sifting though what matters most.

ForeverSublime

6400|!!|Kyo Clone
20 Year Member
I have not much to add at the moment other than I like the idea.

Edit: I have my head up my butt and must have felt you needed some sort of encouragement. :oh_no:

Last edited:

Dean

Choi's Clawmaker
Not a bad idea. As long as we keep it to new titles specifically or else it'll steal from the creation of new threads. I worry that it'll become a huge thread that will basically make it one active thread in the forum per month.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
D-Lite said:
Not a bad idea. As long as we keep it to new titles specifically or else it'll steal from the creation of new threads. I worry that it'll become a huge thread that will basically make it one active thread in the forum per month.

yeah that's a major problem.. the only thing I can think of is if the thread would be stickied and locked and someone would be charged with the task of putting the info up - accepting from members news via pm if they should so wish to submit it. if it wouldn't be too much work to handle you could do it yourself, or else maybe another mod (because us regulars don't have the powerz to unlock 'n post). all subsequent related posts would be made in seperate threads.

ForeverSublime

6400|!!|Kyo Clone
20 Year Member
I don't believe that will be such a big problem. If you look at all other threads in this forum they are completely unrelated to this topic. Also, if this thread becomes popular that will be all the better - I don't believe too many people care about this particular forum compared to the others (it's still new...), but a thread like this would be a great way to get people's attention. Also, for a lot of people that feel they missed the boat in the 80's and 90's, revealing new releases will allow them to ease into the scene.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
ForeverSublime said:
I don't believe that will be such a big problem. If you look at all other threads in this forum they are completely unrelated to this topic. Also, if this thread becomes popular that will be all the better - I don't believe too many people care about this particular forum compared to the others (it's still new...), but a thread like this would be a great way to get people's attention. Also, for a lot of people that feel they missed the boat in the 80's and 90's, revealing new releases will allow them to ease into the scene.

thanks fleshing it out a bit. it'd give this forum it's own identity, and really compile things in an orderly manner. it'd cut down on the time spent shifting from thread to thread looking for bits of info on games and also would get you to look at games you would otherwise probably overlook.
as ForeverSublime said this could help in a small way kickstart people's interest in arcades once again. its unlikely to produce a revival al such but in a small way it would promote arcade gaming as viable.