Canceled - 4/18/20 Cincinnati Great Green Get Together

yagamikun

Maxima's Barber
20 Year Member
Update 2: Due to the Covid-19 situation, 4/18 is canceled. I'll PM interested peeps in a month or so to try to target a different date for the summer.

Update: At least wanted to get a couple people interested, so here are details. Hopefully we can get a few more interested.

To Do:
- Send me PM to RSVP no later than Saturday, April 11 so I can accommodate. I'll send my address to all who sent an RSVP closer to the date.

General Details:

When: Saturday, April 18, 2020. Time will be updated closer to the date - most likely early afternoon through whenever we stop playing.

Where: Yagamikun's Abode: Pierce Township, Ohio (about 20 minutes east of downtown Cincinnati). Parking space for 6-7 vehicles and space inside to fit 6-8 comfortably in the game lounge.

What's Provided:
- Snack Food and General Beverages
- Just bring a few bucks to chip in for Pizza or we can all go out for Wings or Mexican and drinks at some point.

Game Details:
I have an AES with over 30 games (see my post in the collections thread for an idea of what I have). I also have a Dynamo HS-5 6-button upright (general US Capcom cabinet) with a Darksoft modded CPS2 All-in-One so I have access to all CPS2 games.

Other consoles include: A high-powered gaming PC (RTX 2080ti), Switch, PS4 Pro, X-Box One S, Genesis, SNES, NES, Dreamcast, Saturn, PS1 (import), PS2 (HDD only, won't play discs), PS3, Gameboy (via Super Gameboy 2). Along with a sizable physical game collection, I also have a huge digital library of fighters and other such games via Emulators, and on PS3, PS4, and Switch. I have most modern fighting games on PC or Playstation.

What to Bring:
- Games, Consoles, PCBs: Things I don't already have that are fun for multiple people, or neat gaming relics you want to share with other folks who usually don't get a chance to see or play them. If you want to bring a Jamma PCB, let me know what you plan to bring and if it would be worth the trouble to switch out the CPS2.

- Arcade Sticks: I have one PS3 stick, one PS4/PS3 stick, two Neo AES old style sticks, and a Neo style 6-button stick for Dreamcast. We'll probably need a few more. I also have a Brook PS to Neo adapter for those that might want to use a more modern stick for AES games.

- Alcohol: I have a fully stocked wet bar for supplies (bitters, soda, mixers, that sort of thing), but beer and other liquor are not provided. There are a few local places to get beer.

- Other things: As this is 4/20 themed...Fill in the blank. :buttrock:

Last edited:

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member
It's been a while since I've been active in the forums, but since I've returned I've noticed more peeps around Cincinnati. Any of you nerds around the Cincinnati tri-state ever get together?

I just built a big, cozy game space (it's pretty sick, I gotta say), so I could look at hosting for a spring meetup if anyone would be interested.

Thoughts?

I'd come! Let me know the date, preferably Saturday. See if Kristoff can come...it'll be 2001 all over again!

Jon

yagamikun

Maxima's Barber
20 Year Member
I'd come! Let me know the date, preferably Saturday. See if Kristoff can come...it'll be 2001 all over again!

Jon

Awesome! Hopefully we can get a few more people interested. Kristoff lives in Austin now, but comes into town every Christmas. Maybe we could do a Winter throwdown too.

fantat

NEST Puppet
20 Year Member
I'd be interested as well. Let me know if something comes together.

yagamikun

Maxima's Barber
20 Year Member
I would be interested if you figure out a new date.

Awesome! Once this craziness is over I plan on rescheduling for August or early Fall. I'll keep you/others in the loop.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Sounds like a great time, well it will be eventually.