Candy Cab Control Panel Restoration

JoshuaMiller

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Thanks guys!

It was pretty quick and easy, and (Provided you own a few basic tools) not expensive at all.

The process could be applied to pretty much any CP, it doesn't have to be a Windy!

jar155

n00b
Looks great, man. I have to Aeros that I need to restore, so I've been skimming restore threads of all kinds for inspiration.

redfield0009

Sieger's Squire
Great end result, I'll be looking at your guide for reference next weekend when I start to over haul my control panel.

shadows

Mature's Make-up Artist
Turned out fantastic. I need to this on two panels, this is a great motivation to do so asap.

CaseyTappy

Tung's Hair Stylist
It's a thick sticker and it feels like quality , how durable it really is only time can tell .
I have a spare MCS Mini Cute sticker set I once bought and probably never use but the Aero one feels and looks as least as good .
I was a bit scary to apply the CP surround but I used the wet method and with a set of sharp precision carving knives it was quite easy in the end actually .

CaseyTappy

Tung's Hair Stylist
PS ( sorry can't edit as a newb ) ,

FrancoB on A.O. makes repro Marquee holders for almost any Candy Cab and as great and sometimes better than the originals if you really want to do a full restore on the Cabs .

redfield0009

Sieger's Squire
PS ( sorry can't edit as a newb ) ,

FrancoB on A.O. makes repro Marquee holders for almost any Candy Cab and as great and sometimes better than the originals if you really want to do a full restore on the Cabs .

I was going to buff the marquee holder for my blast, but if that doesn't work I'll reach out to him and see if he can make one for a blast cab.

TheGreenMachine

Geese's Thug
I was going to buff the marquee holder for my blast, but if that doesn't work I'll reach out to him and see if he can make one for a blast cab.

FrancoB can make replacements marquee holders for a variety of cabs, but they all have the flat type marquee displays. I don't know as he can get reproductions made of curved plastic marquee piece in the Blast City.

- TGM

JoshuaMiller

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
FrancoB can make replacements marquee holders for a variety of cabs, but they all have the flat type marquee displays. I don't know as he can get reproductions made of curved plastic marquee piece in the Blast City.

- TGM

So he probably can't make one for a Windy, due to the recessed screw holes?

TheGreenMachine

Geese's Thug
So he probably can't make one for a Windy, due to the recessed screw holes?

FrancoB can make repro marquee holders for:
Naomi-Egret2-Egret3-AWSD-Astro City/2-New Astro City-Aero City-Namco Exceleena 2-Cyberlead-Jaleco Pony MKIII 25

Unfortunately I've never seen a Windy in person with or without a marquee holder. So I'm not sure if the marquee piece just has recessed/countersunk screwholes or if there is some other trick to it. From photos I've seen it looks like something that should be doable. The trouble with the piece for the Blast City is that it is acually a more complicated injection molded plastic piece not some sort of simpler acrylic piece that was cut and then polished.

While he doesn't currently make repro pieces for the Windy, it might just might be that he doesn't have access to an original to take measurements. Or maybe nobody has requested one. I recommend contacting FrancoB directly and asking him if it is something he can do. You can find him over on Arcade Otaku. You can drop me a PM if you need his contact info.

Your cab looks great with the control panel you redid, so the marquee holder would make a great addition to literally and figuratively top the project off :)

BeefyWhale

Rugal's Thug
I wonder if Psykick does art for other machine types. I'm looking at getting some new overlay art done for my Dynamo cab. That would be amazing. I tried to get a hold of MCS arcade, but I haven't heard anything back.