Castlevania Party

Giga Power

Host for Orochi,
Castlevania Party

I've been meaning to post this for about a week, but I have yet to do so. With Lament of Innocence coming out soon I decided to go back and play through all of the Castlevanias that I could get my hands on. Right now I am playing through Dracula X. And last week I beat Aria Of Sorrow.
So if you are interested in the "celebration" post here and let everyone know which Castlevania you are playing and where you are at.
Like I said right now I'm playing Castlevania Dracula X and I'm in the third area.

Hopefully together we can beat them all before Lament arrives. Then we can all see who can play through it the fastest.

W00t!

TheBigBB

Formerly known as dmhawkmoon
PHEW. At first I thought this thread was going to be about a Castlevania Mario Party clone!

<small>[ August 11, 2003, 06:13 PM: Message edited by: dmhawkmoon ]</small>

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
CastleVania Bloodlines-Genny

Palace of Versailles, France Stage 5

God I loved this stage, the fountain in the courtyard pouring blood, pre-SOTN stuff here :D

Buro Destruct

Formerly known as, Buro Destruct, , Southtown Stre
The last Castlevania I played was Castlevania Chronicles on the PSX, and it doesn't save your place (it's a remake of the original). Great 'Arrange' music though.

BryLmoo

AES Contact Cleaner, Extraordinaire!!!,
20 Year Member
Castlevania 3

its teh best

Talen

Leona's Therapis,
dmhawkmoon:
PHEW. At first I thought this thread was going to be about a Castlevania Mario Party clone!
The ideas that pop into my head for that game are cracking me up right now. :D

KaedesDisciple

Angel's Love ,
20 Year Member
Ooh good I was looking for an excuse to play SotN for a 4th time lol I'll get right on it

Hot Chocolate

No Longer Yung, No Longer Raoul,
20 Year Member
Super Castlevania

lost my password so I have to start all over again :(

and Castlevania: COTM since it turns out I still haven't beaten my copy( I beat my friends copy though )

Giga Power

Host for Orochi,
Thanks for saying you'll play through them everyone. I'm going to play through 64 and Legacy of Darkness when I finish Dracula X.

We need more people though. I'd like to have someone to cover all the US releases.

AnechoicJinx

Edo Express Delivery Guy
Giga Power:
Thanks for saying you'll play through them everyone. I'm going to play through 64 and Legacy of Darkness when I finish Dracula X.

We need more people though. I'd like to have someone to cover all the US releases.
I tried to play through Legacy of Darkness, I really did, but it's just too disgustingly bad. Man, what a bad game. I'll never get over this title...

Genocide Tweeter

Crossed Swords Squire
..Although I haven't played LoD, it can't be worse than Harmony of Dissonance.
That game doesn't deserve to be called Castlevania.
Thank the heavens I lost that worthless rubbish.
I was going to start a new file in CotM, since I've played AoS to death (I'm almost lv 99) but I have some junk to do later on...

AnechoicJinx

Edo Express Delivery Guy
Genocide Tweeter:
..Although I haven't played LoD, it can't be worse than Harmony of Dissonance.
That game doesn't deserve to be called Castlevania.
Thank the heavens I lost that worthless rubbish.
I was going to start a new file in CotM, since I've played AoS to death (I'm almost lv 99) but I have some junk to do later on...
After you play Legacy of Darkness, you'll probably have orgasms when you go back to playing real castlevania games. There are so many terrible things about that game I shudder to think I paid 17 dollars for it based on near unanimous positive reviews on gamefaqs.com crying eek! frown

Tom

The Frog of Genjuro,
I loved HOD and I am currently working through AOS. I can't wait for LOI and will preorder without a doubt.

Cool thing though my friend has a Zelda tattoo with w/ the shield and sword from the OoT manual and I will be getting a Castle Vania tattoo. I will post pics after I get it done.

Magician

A simple man who simply loves gaming.
20 Year Member
I'm with Yung, Castlevania IV ownz all the rest with SotN/NitM being my next favorite.

In any case, what's with that crappy oldschool PCE version? The SNES version was so much better. :p tickled

neojedi

Member,
20 Year Member
Buro Destruct:
The last Castlevania I played was Castlevania Chronicles on the PSX, and it doesn't save your place (it's a remake of the original). Great 'Arrange' music though.
That doesn't sound right... there should be a save game option after you die that will let you start from the beginning of any stage. I've beaten that game before and I'm absolutely certain that I didn't do it in 1 session, that would have been brutal.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Shadowland:
I'm with Yung, Castlevania IV ownz all the rest with SotN/NitM being my next favorite.

In any case, what's with that crappy oldschool PCE version? The SNES version was so much better. :p tickled
Are you out of your mind? You got to be joking man lol the SNES was half-ass compared to Rondo of Blood. Yet since we were screwed out of Dracula X on Turbo 16, the SNES verison did have an improved soundtrack which I perfer over the PC Engine verison.

Super CV4 is the greatest no doubt, yet I like the X68000 verison, since it's a closer remake of the first CV game, especially the Dungeons and fighting Death.

But the one that ownz is Bloodlines, the soundtrack was damn good and feels more like an NES CV with the remixes of the famous songs "Bloody Tears (CV2), Vampire Killer(CV1), and The Beginning (CV3)"

<small>[ August 12, 2003, 10:45 AM: Message edited by: Orochi Iori Yagami ]</small>

Maury V.

Lucky Glauber's #1 Fan,
I got that Castlevania on the Genesis. I beat it in a week. I also have the Akumajou Dracula on the Famicom and it's very hard at the moment. I beat Castlevania the Circle of the Moon on the GBA. I'm getting that new Castlevania on the PS2 when it comes out.

Maury V.

Hot Chocolate

No Longer Yung, No Longer Raoul,
20 Year Member
neojedi:
Buro Destruct:
That doesn't sound right... there should be a save game option after you die that will let you start from the beginning of any stage. I've beaten that game before and I'm absolutely certain that I didn't do it in 1 session, that would have been brutal.
I think Buro's right I remember always starting out on level one when ever I started playing it again( it's been a while but I don't remember any save option or the ability to start at any stage )