Check out me new Candy Cab!

Bazza1000

Tarma's Gun Polisher
Well last week was an awesome week – brought my first cab! Am now the proud owner of a Neo Geo Candy Cab ‘Super Neo 29’.

Been after a nice cab for quite some time now (something I’ve always wanted), thankfully a good friend of mine found this almost as soon as it was advertised couldn’t believe my luck when seen it was a Candy Cab as they’ve always been my favourite and hardly ever come up for sale in the UK so I immediately contacted the seller asked some extra questions and secured a sale and a date later in the week when I could pick it up.

The chap I brought it off had owned it for approx. 8-9 years as a home cab and he’d brought it off a fellow enthusiast, he was only selling it as he collected pinball machines and needed to make room for another. The pictures I’d seen of it looked good and he was also kind enough to send me a short video of it running but you can never quite tell the condition of something until you see it properly yourself. Thankfully for me this Candy cab was even better than I was expecting: all artwork present & in tact (bar a couple of very minor imperfections but that’s me being picky), nice control panel with original sticks & buttons no scuffs / fag burns etc, all keys present, clean white metal work, and most importantly of all a great monitor (no screen burn) displaying a super crisp picture with nice vivid colours, mini marques, only thing that slightly lets it down is a slight ‘yellowing’ of the white plastic surround.
Am over the moon with it, so much more fun playing my MVS games the way they were intended and the picture display is beautiful, most definitely worth the wait! One very happy Neo Geo fan!!

Here’s some pics of my Candy nicely settled in its new home:

masamuneGTO

My Bro Aint HeavyHe's just not Wortha Christmas pr
Congrats, Bazza! That is one clean looking neo candy! Pretty nice game selection you have in there.

Halfabag

B. Jenet's Firstmate
That's one sweeeeeeeeet cab. :drool_2:

Did you have to travel far for it?

If you don't mind, could you tell me what sort of price you paid for it?

Bazza1000

Tarma's Gun Polisher
Yes had to travel 120 miles each way to collect it and had to rent a small van, was all good fun though! Paid a decent price (PM me if you want to know) but then again it's a fairly rare cab that's been well looked after so didn't mind as its a keeper.

loegan43

I've served my time in the Dark Army., Have you?,
15 Year Member
Congratulations, nice looking cab. If you ever wanna refresh that monitor shroud or marquee, check out vinyl dye. Voltronbadass has done a couple of his cabs with it and it's worked wonders.

Bazza1000

Tarma's Gun Polisher
Congratulations, nice looking cab. If you ever wanna refresh that monitor shroud or marquee, check out vinyl dye. Voltronbadass has done a couple of his cabs with it and it's worked wonders.

Great I was going to ask if anyone could offer any advice on how to refurbish the surround as would love it to be proper white again. Can you forward me a link to where I can buy some or what sort I need to get please?

Don't suppose there's a thread on here showing how to do it is there.

pipes

DO NOT DEAL WITH!!!, DEAL OUTSTANDING!
Really nice cab man. I would love to find a Neo 29 one of these days. Beautiful!

ahcmetal

Super Spy Agent
10 Year Member
any advice on how to refurbish the surround
Nothing beats a professional spray and clear coat at an autobody shop. Look for a shop that does custom/classic cars for far better prices than retail chains. Kinda pricey still, $350 for white and a clear coat on everything for my Blast, but it looks like a new car now:D Totally worth it. I'd guess for just the surround and monitor bezel that it'd be around $125-$150. Not sure about UK pricing though haha

_rm_

Bead Banger
10 Year Member
Wow! That is an amazing looking cab.

Congrats on that!

robot

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
congrats, great looking cab. always loved the artwork on these.

arcade game

Galford's Armourer
10 Year Member
Congrats on that neo candy cab.it looks clean plus the side arwork looks new

Zerrminator

Fio's Quartermaster
15 Year Member
Congrats. That's a nice clean cab you got there. Always loved the SNK candy cabs, especially these ones that have the SNK logo raised within the monitor bezel. I love those small details.