CO-vid19 Tests + For Rand Paul

basic

back to basics
15 Year Member
Oh shit, Norton pulled a Biden-style plagiarism?! Surely his NG career is now in jeopardy.

I don't care about the plagarizing...but the retrogaming community might frown upon it.

I just assumed there was a purpose behind it and was just curious.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
He went the LoneSage route of copying words without citation in an effort to claim them as his own.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
just wondering if there was a purpose in directly quoting AOC without attribution.

Yes, there was a reason.

I thought it would make for a stronger troll attempt by not attributing it to her.

I also thought that the oblique reference was a stronger form of virtue signaling.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Yes, there was a reason.

I thought it would make for a stronger troll attempt by not attributing it to her.

I also thought that the oblique reference was a stronger form of virtue signaling.

explanation: he thought it would be funny to see people react to his statement without knowing who said it first. It wasn't sincere. Trolling is when people write things without sincerity to get a rise out of the audience.

And by not including AOC's name, he made it look like he is trying to achieve a moral high ground, rather than is merely reflecting AOC's attempt at it.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
I was a temp at a call center in my youth. They tracked everything I did while on the job. I got fired after a couple of months for taking too many leisurely shits. Fuck call centers.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
I was a temp at a call center in my youth. They tracked everything I did while on the job. I got fired after a couple of months for taking too many leisurely shits. Fuck call centers.

Two words:

Wireless Headset.

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member

Gotta stay logged in to that phone man.

You finish those notes yet? You ready for next call?

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member

Really? I spent the couple years I did at a call centre playing games whilst on the call, smoking and drinking coffee and getting high. Then there were the parties every week!

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Really? I spent the couple years I did at a call centre playing games whilst on the call, smoking and drinking coffee and getting high. Then there were the parties every week!

Clearly you were institutionalized ;)

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Georgia governor Brian Kemp has ordered Georgia to reopen this week. This is going set the onus for protecting employees on businesses themselves, which will overwhelming target small businesses, namely black owned businesses. Atlanta is about 52% black, and Georgia as a whole, 32%. By lifting the quarantine, Kemp is disqualifying businesses for pandemic aid. So businesses which elect to remain shut will be denied any help, while their landlords will be able to force them to pay rent. This will encourage black people to comingle and risk their health, or be financially ruined - a prospect that has already claimed over 42000 American lives, thanks to the Trump administration's handling.

The decision to lift the quarantine in Georgia flies against what the CDC officials are saying, so where is the logic coming from?

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Georgia governor Brian Kemp has ordered Georgia to reopen this week. This is going set the onus for protecting employees on businesses themselves, which will overwhelming target small businesses, namely black owned businesses. Atlanta is about 52% black, and Georgia as a whole, 32%. By lifting the quarantine, Kemp is disqualifying businesses for pandemic aid. So businesses which elect to remain shut will be denied any help, while their landlords will be able to force them to pay rent. This will encourage black people to comingle and risk their health, or be financially ruined - a prospect that has already claimed over 42000 American lives, thanks to the Trump administration's handling.

The decision to lift the quarantine in Georgia flies against what the CDC officials are saying, so where is the logic coming from?

Jim Crow economics.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member

On March 12, when Trump finally addressed coronavirus from the Oval Office, is when I felt a sense of panic for the first time. Because I knew Americans could not stay at home, and that opening up too early is what would happen. These politicians do not value the lives of their countrymen.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Apparently, Georgia has a law which prevents local governments from ordering businesses to close for health reasons.

The only way a local/county official can get businesses closed in Georgia is to name them all as polling places. At that point, Brian Kemp is sure to find a way to order them closed.

Xavier

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
20 Year Member
These politicians do not value the lives of their countrymen.

Most people don't value their countrymens lives... in fact the opposite. Hell they don't even value their own lives. A politician is just a reflection of the people.

Betcha they all get screwed out of any benefits that they are not going to get yet.

I have limited first hand knowledge about the place but at least booms. It always seems to survives and thrives. I hope it survives this.

There's almost a dozen city that always seem to do good to me. They shake off any kind of national/global problem like a recession in a couple weeks to months. Atlanta is one of them. I bet there's affordable housing around somewhere as well if you don't mind living in the hood.

No these demonstrations are pissing me off. I say let them cull themselves. Last thing I want is to live under martial law, especially in a Trump administration.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Apparently, Georgia has a law which prevents local governments from ordering businesses to close for health reasons.

The only way a local/county official can get businesses closed in Georgia is to name them all as polling places. At that point, Brian Kemp is sure to find a way to order them closed.

I see what you did there.:eye: