Coinop Express Inquiry

K-2

Tung's Hair Stylist
10 Year Member
Wouldn't do it.
Bought a Dimahoo off them that turned out to be a ludicrous boot. Gave me the run around; not worth it.

xRealNinjuzx

Astra Superstar
It's really only for supplying arcades. Shipping can get crazy, and like K-2 said you have a higher chance of getting a boot from them than someone from these forums or careful shopping on feeBay

Tyranix95

Chang's Grocer
More like outsourcexpress.

Look at the location in each listing.

That tells you where the product is.

Jassin000

Frenzy Football Player
At one point I was interested in getting a Street Fighter 4 cab, the Taito Vewlix F. I only had email contact with CoinOP, but the initial word was "Yes" we can get them... So I started asking relevant questions like price, shipping, quantity discount (for potential group buys), etc. After a delay in communication, I was finally contacted again... Only this time they said the F wasn't available, they could only get the L version.

While not a bad cab by any means, the L is known for being less feature rich. No illuminated move strip, no Samsung LCD, made in China not Japan. I found it strange the F was still listed on the company website, yet I was being told they only had L's. Later I decided that while SF4 is a great game, the benefits of owning the CRT cab far outweighed that of an LCD... So I made arrangements to buy the Blast City I currently own.

While I have no proof of anything dishonest ever taking place, the whole deal had a vibe of bait-and-switch about it. Reel 'em in with the F, dump the cheaper L, tell them its basically the same cab.

Evilpoptart

Kula's Candy
Good to know, had a feeling something was off. Thanks for the info ill be looking else where.

Ninjainspandex

Sakura's Bank Manager
wow I was looking at their cps2 prices and alot are worse than ebay. I'd stay far away

Opethian

Basara's Blade Keeper
10 Year Member
terrible company
terrible shipping methods

I haven't heard about one good transaction with them. Not sure how they are still in business,,

undamned

Pleasure Goal
I haven't bought from them in aeons, but a friend and I used to buy from them occasionally and never got burned. Based on other reports, they aren't 100% trustworthy, though. Back in the day my buddy got a Fever SOS from them for $70 before many English speakers even knew what that was (alt. title for Dangun Feveron). It wasn't even dumped at that point, so I dumped it and sent it to The Sheep, IIRC. He fiddled with it and released it. [/coolstory]
-ud

Reclaimer

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
Wrote them to inquire if they had a board in stock, as I wasn't sure their website stock number was accurate. They said yes, and then told me a price that was almost $100 more than their site listed. I asked them why and they never answered, only responded telling me I should buy it soon as it's a rare board.

Lol, shady tactics don't do much good instilling trust. I told them no thanks, moved on, and haven't visited them again.

nork69

Marked Wolf
10 Year Member
Thats what I used to read on the net about this company.
Watch your axx

terrible company
terrible shipping methods

I haven't heard about one good transaction with them. Not sure how they are still in business,,

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
From what I've heard, they don't even have the stuff in stock. They charge you and then go find it.

loegan43

I've served my time in the Dark Army., Have you?,
15 Year Member
From what I've heard, they don't even have the stuff in stock. They charge you and then go find it.

Yep. Pretty much this. I've ordered from them before and wasn't impressed. The stuff they did have in stock was overpriced and promises of "we will have it soon" aren't really inspiring.

aoiddr

Over Top Auto Mechanic
I've ordered Dance Dance Revolution parts from them as they were the only place that had everything that I needed for a restoration. If you need parts, they're fine as long as you can make/get close to the minimum order amount ($200, I believe). Games, though... yeah, stay away.